IV

"Alright Bey, I'm out I'll be back late tonight." Jay came into the bedroom from the bathroom, fixing his Rolex. I was tickling Blue.

He had a few errands to run, and preparations for something he was doing with his management. It all sounded pretty decent to me. As long as he's content I am as well.

"Okay baby, I'll see you when you get home." I beckoned him over.

He hugged me briefly kissing my cheek, then he picked up Blue.

"You watch mommy while I'm gone okay? Don't let her get into any trouble Lefty." They rubbed noses and Blue giggled. Jay smiled on immediately laying her back on our mattress.

"See you two later, I gotta go!" He ran out of our bedroom.

"I love you!" I shouted but he was already out the door.

Sighing I admired Blue as she pounced up and down on the bed. Today would be a mommy-daughter day. I gave Irene the entire week off, I've been so busy I haven't had time to be with my one true love. My daughter. I planned to make up for lost time with her.

"You wanna go eat breakfast?!"

Her face light up like a Christmas tree and it caused me to smile. Picking her up, I hoisted her on my hip rushing down the stairs. She likes to go fast. Spinning her around I sat her in her high chair. Sliding in my black socks over to the stereo.

"Music?" I turned to her.

In response she made a happy sound clapping her hands. Music it is. I put on the "Thriller" album, playing "PYT". Blue absolutely adored this song the way her face glowed whenever I played it. I sang along, pulling out eggs.

"Where did you come from baby? And ooo won't you take me there!" I spun around to her, circling Blue.

Her giggles let me know I'm doing something right. Not to shortly after, I commenced with breakfast putting the eggs on. The turkey bacon was on another eye of the stove, toast in the toaster. Picking Blue up out her seat, we danced together while I sang the chorus.

"I want to love you P-Y-T, pretty young thing! You need some lovin' T-L-C, tender love and care! And I'll take you there girl, oooohh!"

Blue and I swung around the kitchen, me holding her again so we can moonwalk around the island like Michael. In a matter of minutes our food was ready. Placing her back in her high chair, I let the food cool off. Smashing up her eggs and bacon so she wouldn't choke. Usually I eat my eggs and bacon on toast like a sandwich. That's what I intended to do.

"Let's say grace!"

Blue clapped her hands, ready for prayer. After grace, we began eating. I watched her stuff her mouth. She's so messy. I'm no better. It was apparent that a bath will need to be taken.

"You ready to take a bath?"

Blue nodded her head in approval. Putting our dirty dishes in the sink, I placed blue on my shoulders running up to her bathroom. Gathering all the materials for bath time. The water was lukewarm, bubbles were added. Stripping myself and Blue down, we emerged in the water.

"Mommy loves you, Blue. Always remember that." I told her as I washed in between her little toes.

Shampooing her hair, I rinsed it a good two times before playing in the bubbles with her. First making a beard, then a weird hairdo. Laughs were shared, singing definitely happened I missed this. Bathing with my daughter. Eventually, our fingers and toes began to look like prunes. It was time to get out. Draining the waiter from the tub, I wrapped a towel around my body. Then I started drying Blue's hair and body. Putting lotion on her, we well she flew to the room like superman in my arms. Taking out a little romper, she slipped it on with my help.