XV

All day. All fucking day, I couldn't get my mind off of Giselle. Things have been heating up and escalating much rapidly than before. I didn't even go this fast with any of my girlfriends I've ever had. Giselle has slowly become something lethal to my being and there was nothing I was going to do to stop it. I felt so crazy. Completely out of my element for her. Though I kept my dominant composure over her, she had power too. She just doesn't know it yet.

"So Tina, about this mixtape.." I ran my finger in a circle on the glazed hickory wood table.

We were in the briefing room of CBE headquarters.

"I think it's a stupid idea. Chris, you give enough free music. Do you not recall you have four mixtapes out already? Plus you drop unreleased songs all the time. You need to stop messing up your career this way. Quit it with this bullshit. You already don't profit from all the graffiti art you do, stop this. Chris, you never know what the hell you're doing when it comes to your image. No I don't like this idea." Tina scolded me.

"It's been almost ten years I've been in the game. Could you give it a break? I know what's good for my fuckin' career. My fans appreciate my mixtapes. I don't know why you always tryna' hold a nigga back. I'm fuckin' financially stable, I wouldn't be loosin' any damn money. It ain't about that to me. You know that shit-fuck it, I'm out." I spat as my country accent reigned in my voice.

I shot up from the black leather roller chair, hastily walking out the room. Slamming the door behind me. If it's not Tina then it's my other manager nagging me about the same damn bullshit. I honestly just wanted to get home.

"Chris! Are you and your new artist Sevyn Streeter dating-How're things with Karrueche?-How's your new found love with Beyoncé's daughter, Blue Ivy?"

I stopped taking large steps and stated dead at the reporter who said it.

"What the fuck you just ask me?" I maneuvered through the see of evil, singling ole girl out.

"I-I asked how was your new found-"

"What you tryna' say huh? You know-I don't have the fucking time." I shook my head bitterly chuckling.

I jogged off towards my car as they continued taking photographs and questioning me. I tuned them out, climbing into my matte black Lamborghini. Clicking my seatbelt, revving my engine I sped off towards my house.

Kae was out visiting with her Vietnamese family, as her brother was graduating middle school. I missed her, usually she'd be able to calm me down. Gripping the steering wheel extra tight, I merged into the highway. My jaw clenched thinking about the nerve of Tina. I need a new manager.

"Yo?" I answered my phone through my blue tooth.

"Well hello to you too, Maurice." Giselle's smooth voice spoke through the speakers of my Lamborghini.

"I'm sorry baby, I had a rough day. But, what's up with you baby?" I asked her.

"Mmm nothing really..just thinking about what happened the other night.." Giselle trailed off.

The other night. The other night was like no other night We'd ever experienced with each other. That exactly what's got my mind so fucked over her right now. I believe we were about a split second away from having sex. I don't even remember what stopped us. Nor do I care. I almost got to be inside of Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter. That in itself's a blessing. The mere thought of her makes me so much more aroused lately. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm so bewildered.

"Oh really now Mrs. Carter." I raised my eyebrow, running my tongue across my grinning top lip.

"So we're back to that, Mr. Brown?" Giselle challenged.