II

Staring at my appearance in the mirror, I critiqued that my attire was acceptable. My black and white body suit, hair slicked into a middle parted ponytail. The red lipstick, my heels. Nothing too over the top. My husband on the other hand couldn't be found. We need to get ready to leave, this is ridiculous.

"Jay! Where are you at babe?" I walked the halls of our house peaking in rooms. Blue was with Irene for tonight. We were headed to the Grammys. But Jay wants to act like we're not going anywhere important.

"In here Bey, can you fix this for me real quick?"

Turning down the hall I saw him in the dressing room trying to fix his bow tie. Laughing lightly, I made my way over to him fastening his bow tie.

"Alright, now c'mon we gotta head out to the limo. The red carpet waits for no one."

He set the alarm on our way out. The limousine waiting in front of our door. The chauffeur opened the door for us and shortly we were pulled out of our gated in driveway. Then we were on our way.

-

We arrived a little after thirty minutes of tranquility. The chauffeur opened the door for us, immediately being attacked by the media. I walked the red carpet, posing for a few photos. Jay a little before me. There were about five different interviews being held on the red carpet. Two my right in my peripheral vision a flash of white caught my eye. But, I didn't let it phase me. I had to continue into the arena to find my seating and talk to a few fans. The people come first.

I had a performance tonight as well..and it's funny as many times as I do this, i still get the jitters about it. I guess it's how I keep myself humble in a way. Stepping into the arena, it was pretty chaotic. So many people were socializing, even in the balcony of the arena. I rummaged the first row of seats, to see who sat where and where I sat with my husband. Not too far down the arena side I noticed Jay and I's names next to Justin Timberlake in his wife. How ironic. Taking my seat I relaxed a little with the peace I felt. No one had come up here and bugged me yet for being Beyoncé. There are times I wish I wasn't Beyoncé.because of the responsibility and expectation that comes with it. But it's also a privilege that I'd never take for granted. Eventually, Jay found his seat and we began to converse about what we thought would occur. He asked me did I think if when any of the Grammys I was nominated for, and honestly I never think I will. But somehow by the grace of god I do. I asked him similar questions and he felt pretty confident in himself. I'm happy he does, nothing wrong with that. Justin and his wife sat with us, the show soon starting. Everyone began to settle down. I looked down my row, to see so many stars it's always a good feeling to see people all coexist. LL hosted the Grammys this year. Which I was actually pretty excited to see.

"What if he performs Loungin'?"

Jay chuckled at me, paying me no mind.

"I know that's your favorite song by him, but Bey he ain't about to perform anything. He's just hosting tonight." Jay kissed my forehead.

LL begin to discuss the show a little, starting to let co-hosts talk about nominees. I spaced out for a while. Even through a few performances.

"And the award goes to..Beyoncé!" I smiled at Jay and he helped me out of my seat, making my way up to the stage. Making sure to check the screen to see what I had won for. Noticing it was for "Best Traditional R&B Performance".

"I just want to thank everyone for everything. I really don't know what to say. I was in a daze before I got up here but, thank you I love you all!"

I walked back stage with my grammy and they immediately pulled me into hair and makeup. Apparently I was getting ready to perform after break.