XVI

"You ready babe?" I called to Kae from the front door.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" She replied from upstairs.

Currently we were off to the Carter's residency to work on more renovation. A color change to the walls since miss Giselle herself couldn't make up her gotdamn mind. It had been roughly around two weeks since the commencing of Giselle and I's little tantalizing game. So far, I'm definitely ahead in score. Since then, she'd been tryna get at a young one. I've been dodging her like she was five-o. Ignoring all her advances, and neglecting to communicate with her. Only if it had to deal with renovation. In which, my girlfriend and I were both free for today. We were definitely rolling through. Meanwhile she thinks this is an actual game, I'm teaching her a valuable lesson about both herself and I. And though I hate to neglect her, I have my reasons. Especially though, knowing her own husband fails to realize anything or pay attention to his wife and how precious she is. I'm pretty sure it'll come far too fucking late. Don't get myself started on that mother fucker. Kae met me downstairs in a pair of gray black pyramid sweats, and a matching hoodie to go with along with a pair of black and white new balances and her hair in that cute messy updo she wears around the house. Damn..

"Took yo ass long enough!" I teased her.

"Shut up Christopher!" She playful pushed me out the door.

I chuckled locking the place up. Taking her fingers to lace in mine as we made our way to her charcoal gray Audi I bought her. She wanted to drive, shit I was gonna let her. I love when the asian drives.

"So, I've really been considering a new manager."

"Good, 'cause that nigga be ringin' you like he's a fuckin' damsel in distress. I get tired of him cuttin' into our time." My accent leaked throughout my speech.

"Yeah, I know. Allot of this stuff he calls for is a load of unnecessary bullshit. Plus, he's more focused on my career as a model when I'm really trying to focus more on my philanthropy. You know I-"

"Love those kids. I do too babe. Symphonic Love, 'member?"

"Yeah, speaking of which. When's the clothes drive again?"

"Next month on the fourth. I'm so stoked man. All them kids gon' be so happy about the new things I got for them." I smiled. "Definitely since I can't spoil my own kids that I have yet to have." I said under my breath.

"Chris..we talked about thi-"

"Karrueche, I've been with you for almost four years going on right? You don't wanna have my-"

"That's not what I'm saying! Chris, I just turned twenty-five. I'm still young. Plus, your niece is sorta like your kid. We always have her. And we love Leah to death!"

"But, I want my own child. Kae, I really been wanting a kid for a lil' while now. But, this year it's really been hitting me baby. I wanna get you pregnant, I want us to have a kid."

"It's my body, Chris. I'm just not ready."

"Like you'll ever be." I spoke under my breath.

She emitted a light breath as we cruised down the Carter's residential street. Something that's been eating at me is baby fever. Man I want a little mini me. Anything would be nice. Preferably a little boy. I know if I have a little girl, I'm going straight to jail. If I ever have to come up to her school and I found out someone done did some shit to my child I'm pulling out all my fucking choppers. It's just a thought, a scary one but it's a thought. But, I dust my shoulders off and out this cogitation on a shelf that I'll come back to in the near future. There's more important things at hand that need my complete and undivided attention. Telling Kae the passcode to the gate, she rolled through the open gates and parked her vehicle next to Jay's SUV. So this dumb ass nigga was finally home? A'ight bet.