Prologue

"Aren't you tired of this shit, Rafaela? Stop being dramatic and just leave. You are disturbing me."

Mariin na sabi ni Duke Lynille sa kaniyang anak na si Lady Rafaela habang ang tingin nito ay nanatili sa hawak na mga papeles.

"I can smell your filthy tears all over my room, Rafaela. Fucking wipe that first before heading out. Learn to be obedient just this once and do me a favor, do not ruin my entirely mood tonight."

The Duke is currently reading some of his paperworks and Rafaela, his so-known-stupid daughter is disturbing him. How can he stay focus when his daughter is giving him a pain in the head?

It's a miracle that he didn't fend her off after all the stupidity she have done.

Umiling si Rafaela. She couldn't believe her father can't even face her. Ganoon ba siya kasuklam-suklam sa paningin ng ama niya? Kalaunan ay nasaktan si Rafaela sa naisip ngunit ipinagkibit balikat niya na lang ito. Parati naman ganoon ang trato ng ama sa kaniya hindi niya lang talaga kayang sanayin ang sarili niya.

It's because deep inside her heart she is still hoping that her father will give her the love that she deserve one day.

"Well good news, my dear father. I don't care if you see my tears dirty. It's your fault that I'm crying anyway. You should take responsibility at least. You hurt my heart and my dignity as your daughter."

Although Lady Seliesty Rafaela said that fiercely and rigid, halata pa rin sa boses niya ang kabiguan. Her voice crack without her even knowing. Her tears were flowing to her face onward.

Ngayon lang siya naging vocal sa feelings niya. Ngayon lang siya sumagot sa ama niya... ngayon lang...

Binaba ng duke ang hawak na mga papeles at malamig na tiningnan ang anak. Kumunot ang noo niya nang makitang umiiyak pa rin ito. He really hated her tears.

"You're really pissing me off, huh? Do not make me say a word again and leave now. I'm so done with your nonsenses. For all I know and just like other people say, you're not worth it to be heard."

Umawang ang bibig ni Rafaela. She can't help but to question her existence again. She's not worth it to be heard? Really? Nasaktan si Rafaela sa narinig at mas lalong umiyak sa kinatatayuan niya. Nanghina ang tuhod niya at tuluyan siyang umupo sa malamig na sahig.

Sa kabilang banda naman ay walang pakialam ang duke sa nararamdaman ni Rafaela. Para sa kaniya, nagdadrama lang ang anak para makuha ang atensyon niya. He hated that statics of her. Hindi niya naman pinalaking desperada ang anak. Pero simula noong namatay ang ina nito ay tuluyan itong nagbago. He pampered her with everything. Kulang pa ba iyon para gambalain siya ng anak niya sa ganitong oras? What a shame!

"Why can't you be happy that after all the stupidity you've done I am still pampering you with luxuries, Rafaela. What a brat!"

Umiling si Rafaela sa narinig at binigyan ng hindi makapaniwalang ekspresyon ang ama. She cannot believe his reasons! She don't need luxuries after all! Love. . . that's what she need!

"B-but I don't need all of those, Father!" Katwiran niya. "What I need is your affection! I'm craving for... Love! Bakit hindi mo iyon maintindihan?" Humina ang boses niya. Rafaela bit her lips to avoid more lamentation.

"Love?! Fuck the love that you are talking about and secede the act. It's not my fault that you're stupid. I don't have a child that is disgusting and disobedient."

Tumayo ang duke at naglakad papunta sa pinto para buksan ito. Mabuti na lang at wala nang gaanong tao sa pasilyo dahil alas diyes na ng gabi.

"Now go and don't ruin my night. Iisipin ko pa ang ibibigay kong parusa sa 'yo at nagkalat ka nanaman ng kabobohan mo harap ng maraming tao. The fact that you kissed the Archduke in front of many people during his coronation night makes me wanna deject you. What made you do it? You're really sick. I don't have a desperate daughter like you. Nakakahiya ka."