11

"It's 10:30 A.M in the morning and your law classes are approaching next week, Liane. Wake up now and get some fun!"

Gusto pang pumikit ng mga mata ko para matulog kaya hinila ko ang kumot at tinakpan ang mata ko mula sa nakakabulag na araw galing sa bintana.

"Jenna, close the curtain and let me sleep for a minute... Masakit sa mata ang araw..."

Pagkatapos ay bumaliktad ako ng higa at ngumiti. Nakapikit pa rin ang mga mata ko at mukhang napanaginipan ko si Mommy.

I was hearing her soothe calming voice earlier. She was telling me to wake up and was caressing my face gently.

Pati rin pala sa panaginip, hindi mawawala ang favorite line ni Mommy na dapat mag-enjoy ako. She always said that! 'Liane, you should go to vacation and enjoying yourself, anak.'

'Nag Palawan ka last week right? You can't deny it to me. I saw your ig post. Tapos mo na rin bisitahin ang sikat na beach sa Sorsogon. Ipagpatuloy mo 'yan, anak.'

'Next goal mo dapat ay Visayas areas. Tapos Mindanao areas ang next of course! I'll recommend Camiguin and Samal anak. The best rin doon!'

'Liane, I heard from Manang Ceci you got ace your exams again. Tara! Let's celebrate your achievements. Pasyal tayo with your Daddy Miguel. I'm done with my rounds today.'

'Don't forget our family dinner, Liane. Okay, honey? Alam kong may on-going project ka but our family dinner should be memorable. Every month natin 'yan ginagawa 'di ba? Tayong dalawa ang magluluto ng food this time. It will be fun right? Cooking with my unica hija,'

'Liane? Wala ka bang pupuntahan today? Change your outfit and we'll go shopping sa mall. Take your time changing. I won't mind.'

But never kong pinaghintay si Mommy in everything. It's vice versa dahil ako yung parating naghihintay sa presensya niya and I don't see anything wrong with that. She's my mother and she can own the time whenever she want to own it.

Hays! I miss mom and her sweet words. I miss everything about her and dad. I miss their gentle smile and their advices about life.

'Oh my god, Liane! Congratulations! You are Magna Cumlaude! Your dad and I are very very very proud! We love you, hija!'

'Now that you already graduated from your course, enjoy yourself to the bone. Nagpa book na ako ng ticket for you patungong Maldives. Maraming magagandang beaches doon right? The scenery is perfect for you to chill.'

'Hindi ka na muna namin masasamahan okay? Ang hectic ng schedules namin ng Daddy Miguel mo. I love you hija.'

I remembered how she reacted when she saw my enrollment form from law school. She was supportive but nandoon pa rin yung pressure. Isa pa mas iniisip niya pa nga yung bakasyon ko that time!

'Liane? You enrolled yourself in law? How about your vacation in France then? Hindi pa sapat yung bakasyon mo sa Maldives, Liane. Dapat pinapahinga mo muna ang utak mo. At least a year!'

'But yeah, whatever your decisions is, your Daddy Miguel and I will be always supporting you, Liane. We're happy for you.'

'You're gonna protect the people rights in the future, right? That's dangerous. Please protect yourself, too, from danger, anak.'

Also her commenting about my reading habits.

'Liane, why are you reading some romance book again? That's boring. You shouldn't isolate yourself from the world, anak. You know what? You should bond with your friends sometimes. You're not young anymore.'