20

DUKE LYNILLE'S POV.

"Tell me, Rafaela. What did Father Gleason said against me?" My jaw clenched. "Did he tell you how he hated me because I am a bad father to you, huh?"

Father Gleason, the high priest of Grimaldi's Kingdom is Rafaela's uncle after all. Maybe he said something that silent her or change her mind about me.

"Did he make you realized that I am not forgivable?" Tanong ko pa. Hah! Ang sakit naman nu'n!

May namumuong kung ano sa puso ko na ang hirap ipaliwanag. Paano kung hindi nga ako kayang patawarin ng anak ko?

I have this feeling that she's only kind to me because I am also kind to her now.

That is possible. Knowing that I treated her so badly. Maybe forgiving me wasn't a good idea.

I rather die. again.

"I think he has the right to hate you, Father. Don't you think so?" Kalmadong tugon ni Rafaela. Her eyes is telling me that I should be ashamed of myself for questioning Father Gleason's enmity.

Aminado naman ako sa pagkakamali ko. Alam kong hindi iyon makatarungan. Alam kong kahit paulit-ulit akong humingi ng tawad sa kaniya ay hindi pa rin nito mapupunan ang sakit na dinulot ko sa puso at isip nito.

Damn my anger almost kill her! I remembered I didn't get her approval when I decided to adopt Errioulizza Brevanie before. Heck I saw pain in her eyes when she sees how I cherished Errioulizza more than her.

I don't even know adopting Errioulizza would totally break our bonds as a father and a daughter. I am stupid not to notice that she's also hurting... simula sa pagkamatay ni Zyrheil, pag-ampon ko kay Errioulizza, sa pag hindi ko pagbigay ng atensyon rito, at sa pagsalita ko rito ng masama.

"But you know what Father? Even though he hated you, he told me to forgive you with all my heart..."

I gulped. I don't know Father Gleason think that way. Dahil una palang, ayaw na nito sa akin para kay Zyrheil. Huling pagkikita namin ay noong namatay si Zyrheil dahil ito mismo ang nagsimula ng mesa para sa katawan ng kapatid.

I promised him to be a good father to his one and only niece but I failed him. Rafaela's right. I am shameful!

At ngayon, ako pa talaga ang galit ha? Stupid Lynille! Inis kong pinikit ang mata ko at nagsisimula na naman pagsisihan ang mga kasalanan ko.

"And I said yes. That I already absolved you. But do you think... do you think apologizing or saying sorry many times would erase your sins?"

She's right. Apologizing for everything is not enough. Loving and appreciating her existence now will not always be enough. The pain that I plant to her heart can't be forgiven easily. I'm so foolish to think it will be quick for her to forgive me because we're somehow close now.

Nang titigan ko siya ulit, nagbabanta na ang luha sa mata niya. She stared the shit of me and shook her head two times. "The pain remained in my heart and my brain remembered it perfectly. I don't know how to undo it. I might forgive but I don't forget, Father."

"You are the character I hated the most, Duke Lynille Zyrex Francis! Hindi ko makakalimutan kung paano mo tratuhin si Lady Rafaela sa loob ng libro..." Saad ni Jelliane sa isip nito.

"Rafaela. . ." I cursed myself silently. I hurt her again damn it!

"One more thing, do you think wishing for a second chance would change everything?"

Kumurap-kurap ang mata ko. Pakiramdam ko nawala ang tindig at postura ko. How did she know about that thing?

"You knew?" I clenched my fist.