14

"How does it feel to be the people's defender earlier, Lynille. Was it good? I really thought you wanted to give Duke Timothy a chance..."

That question was coming from Emperor Alessio Nathaniel Sebastian. The Emperor of Sebastian Empire, the very best friend of Duke Lynille.

They shakes hand and gave each other a smirked. Both of them wore a black tuxedo. Nakasuot lang ng kapa ang emperor at may koronang nakapatong sa ulo nito. Parehas rin silang may suot na gloves.

Duke Lynille shrugged and could only hide his smirked. "I was about to. But he lost his chance and ruined it when he talked about my daughter Rafaela. I hated his ignorance and helping is caring, Alessio Nathaniel. I only did my job as a barrister."

"Tsk. You're always stunning everywhere, huh. I am also a bannister myself but you outshined me. That always happened everytime when you are around."

Duke Lynille raised his one eyebrow. "Really? I didn't know that, Alessio. As a matter of fact I mentioned your name there earlier."

"Yeah. Once. The Emperor wants you dead, Timothy. What kind of mentioned is that? You're really unpredictable and annoying." Emperor Alessio hissed.

"My pleasure, Alessio."

Sa kanilang dalawa, mas strikto talaga ang duke at minsan ay naiinis rin ang emperor sa pananalita nito. Mabuti na lang at kaibigan niya ito at ito lang ang pinagkakatiwalaan niya sa lahat ng bagay. Lalo na at personal adviser niya ang duke.

"Thank you for unraveling our kingdom's problem, Duke Lynille. I really appreciate your presence and showing of evidences earlier at the court room. Binigyan mo ng linaw ang mga kaganapan rito sa aming kaharian..."

The King of Mallace Kingdom gave his appreciation by shaking his hand to the duke and simply bowing his head to him. Kanina pa ito sa tabi nila at ngayon lang nagsalita. He couldn't disturb them talking. Isa pa, nahihiya ito sa Emperor dahil sa kapabayaan nito sa kanilang kaharian.

"That's nothing, King Roman. I only did my job as a bannister. I protect and defend innocent people. But yeah, above all that, you and your kingdom is welcome." Duke Lynille smiled a bit which shocked the king.

"The Duke never smile." King Roman thought.

"W-Well my son George told me it was Lady Rafaela who suggested it..."

"Really?" Emperor Alessio Nathaniel asked. His eyes sparked with glee. "I didn't know Rafaela knows how to suggest, Lynille. She really changed huh? I'm now looking forward to see her inside the court room fighting for someone's rights in the future with my son Heindrich..."

"Even if she changed Alessio, you can't still partnered my daughter with your son. I want her to marry the person she love." Duke Lynille strictly said. He promised Rafaela that she will choose the person she will marry someday!

Tumaas ang sulok ng labi ng Emperor. "You just don't want your daughter to be busy and tired. Being an Empress is really a tiring and hectic job."

Napaawang ang bibig ni King Roman sa kaniyang nalaman. Hindi nito alam na may ganoon na pa lang pinag-uusapan ang dalawa.

"Your son is strict and cold, Alessio. That's the reason." Duke Lynille said like he is dropping the conversation with the emperor but the emperor wouldn't stop pairing.

"Don't you like it? Rafaela won't be missing you that much because she will have my son Heindrich who resembles you so much."

"Which I don't like to happen. So no. They won't be marrying each other in the future."

"Fine. Whatever, Lynille." Emperor Alessio Nathaniel laughed.

Right now the attention of the duke divert to the King. "About your statement earlier, King Roman... That's true. My daughter Rafaela is the reason behind all of these. You already know me, I am not really interested in helping other but I don't want to fail my daughter. Her suggestion, I obeyed. That's the golden rule now."