9

DUKE LYNILLE ZYREX'S POV

"How about Ate Lizza, Father? I heard she attend the tea party of the Count daughter. Maybe we can stroll the town tomorrow morning instead so that she can go with us? Is that okay with you, Father?"

Why she's asking if it is okay with me? Of course it is... but Errioulizza is busy doing her job to represent the Francis Households to other wealthiest families. And this is our chance to go bond with each other! Why can't she shut up and agree with her father?

I thought she liked my attention so much that's why I'm giving it to her willingly, yet she's asking me about the presence of Errioulizza? Does she know that girl can manage and can take stroll on her own?

"Errioulizza is busy doing her duty as the representative of our family, Rafaela. And you, it's your duty as my daughter to accompany me during my break time."

It's your duty because you're my real daughter and I want most of my attention revolve only to you. Am I bad for doing that?

Kumunot ang noo ni Rafaela at taka akong tiningnan. She's giving me her dumb expression yet she was still cute and adorable. What a beautiful child I got here!

She didn't even wear any make up. Now that she know how to dress herself well, I can fully see that she's my own carbon copy. My very own daughter. No doubt my blood travels also in her.

But somehow she is known for the title: The child I betrayed. The child I never loved and protected. The child I almost fend off.

I become the most successful duke in the entire Sebastian Empire yet I can't make myself a good father to my own daughter? How disgusting I am for being a bastard dad to my sweet and loving Rafaela?

"What do you mean by that, Father?"

Ngumiti ako sa kaniya. "You are my daughter, Rafaela. And I want you to stay by my side whenever I have time to bond with you. Creating beautiful memories with you is still not late right?"

I want us to create beautiful memories together, Rafaela. You and I.

"Yes, Father. Let's do that."

How I wish I can still change the past. Where I can still do the right thing for my daughter Rafaela. I'm so sorry my child.

I hope you can forgive your Father... Forgive me my child.

Personal kong pinuntahan si Rafaela sa silid niya para malaman kung tapos na ba siya sa ginagawang pagguhit sa damit na gusto niyang ipagawa.

I'm suck because this is my first time stepping to her room after her mother died. Zyrheil died in cancer. Her blood is sick. Not even the best doctors in Sebastian Empire could make my wife healthy and happy again. Seven years of fighting the said cancer, she died. At iyon na yata ang pinaka pangit na nangyari sa buhay ko. Ang kunin siya ng Panginoon sa akin.

Rafaela was just ten years old that time. Napakalapit nilang dalawa sa isa't isa kaya noong namatay ang ina nito, unti-unti rin itong nagbago. Naging pabaya ito sa sarili niya at hindi kumakain ng tama. Lumayo rin ang loob ko sa kaniya nang madalas na itong magkulong sa sariling silid at hindi makinig sa akin.

Pero alam kong hindi naman kasalanan ng bata iyon. It's my fault. Ako yung ama e. Ako dapat ang mas nakakaalam sa lahat. Pero nauna akong panghinaan ng loob at mas pinili maging okupado sa trabaho.

Pinabayaan ko si Rafaela na lumaking walang gabay. Lumaking walang Ina at Ama. Noong nawala si Zyrheil, parang nawala rin yung tulay na magkokonekta sa aming dalawa ni Rafaela at isa iyon sa mga bagay na pinagsisihan ko.