Chapter 5

"You see? That's why your ass is still single."

My siblings and I lounged in the living room, their laughter echoing my previous remark at Levi.

"For real. How are you a "playboy" but your ass can't keep a bitch?" Isaac chimed in. My gaze shifted to Levi, who absorbed it all without saying anything.

Isaac and I loved teaming up against Levi. He was so easy to clash and so damn sensitive sometimes.

"Isaac, watch your language," warned Lala.

"I've heard worse," Gigi shrugged, rolling her eyes. I chuckled at her nonchalant response.

"Something's burning," I declared, rising and heading to the kitchen. "I didn't leave anything on the stove," Lala called from the living room.

"It smells like something burned in here." I checked the stove and oven but there was nothing. "Can't you guys smell it?" I asked and they all shook their heads in confusion.

"We should hit the beach together. It's been too long," I suggested out of the blue. They exchanged glances before turning their attention to me. "Sure, when do you wanna go?" Julian asked.

What happened to your parents? They've been gone for a while. What if they're dead?

"Where are mom and dad?" I asked as concern crossed my mind.

Lala sighed, standing and moving toward me. "Here, take this," she handed me water and my pills.

Realization hit, and I took my pills before settling back on the couch. Gigi flashed me a sympathetic smile, enveloped me in a tight hug, reciprocated with equal warmth.

******

After church on Sunday, Lala and Juju left for Michigan. The house instantly felt emptier. We said our goodbyes, exchanging wishes for good luck.

In my room, trying to read after ages, I struggled with a mind full of distracting thoughts that didn't even feel like my own. After realising I had been  reading the same sentence for two minutes straight, I gave up and reached for my phone instead.

******

"A-and yesterday, I-I watched his story and that girl, that fucking college girl was there with him." Bella sobbed in my arms as I tried desperately to console her.

I watched next to me and saw Dommy chewing on her pink gum as she rolled her eyes at Bella's behaviour.

"Girl, stand up. Do you think I went home, crying when Levi told me that I was just a fuck?" Dommy complained, seemingly annoyed.

"It's not the same! I was in a fucking relationship with this guy." Bella reasoned to which Dominica rolled her eyes again. "Bella you're pretty. Just go find yourself another man and show Isaac what he's missing out on."

"Do you think it'll work?" Bella asked quietly and Dommy nodded saying, " I've done with all of my exes and they always came back so..." she explained before shrugging.

"Anyways, I gotta go." Dommy said and we followed her outside before hugging each other and going our separate ways.

******

Thankfully, I made it through the biology lesson without dozing off. Gathering my books, I headed out of the class. On the way to my locker, I spotted Xavi chatting with Deborah and Hannah from the cheerleading team – typical Los Angeles girls with their long, blonde, wavy hair, and blue eyes.

Our eyes met, and he dismissed the girls before approaching me awkwardly. "Hey," he greeted, and I smiled in response.

A shadow caught my attention, moving swiftly down the hallway. Another one followed, and then another. "Ray?"

Xavi snapped me out of my thoughts, standing in front of me. Comparing him to Zyran involuntarily crossed my mind – Zyran, taller and more handsome than Xavi could ever be.

"I'm sorry. You were saying?"

He took my hands, guiding me into an empty classroom. Closing the door with his feet, he lifted me onto the desk. "I love your hair," he complimented, playing with the bohemian braids I had braided on Saturday evening.

"Thanks," I replied shortly.

His gaze locked onto mine, and before I knew it, his lips were on mine. I surrendered to his touch, letting the moment envelop me.

I lost myself as he traced his tongue along my lower lip, inviting it into a passionate dance. His hands explored, finding my curves as my fingers traced the contours of his arms and wandered across his body.

His lips moved to my neck while I unbuckled his belt, and his pants surrendered to the moment.

Around him, control seemed elusive; my body seemingly craved every touch, every connection.

He placed me on the teacher's desk before pulling my pants down and getting on his knees. His hazel eyes stared directly into mine as he started eating me out.

No talking necessary. We both just wanted the same thing, and that said it all.

I let his tongue do its work on my wet core as I threw my head back and let out quiet moans. "Can I fuck you now?" He asked as he sucked on my clit. I nodded and he smirked before removing his boxers and positioning himself at my entrance.

Someone could come in. Lock the door!

"Wait, did you lock the door?" he grinned and secured it, ensuring our privacy.

As he stood before me, I sat up. His entry made my eyes roll back, and he enveloped me with his arms, thrusting passionately while showering my face and neck with kisses.

"Eres tan hermosa." His moans filled the room, and in the heat of the moment, I kissed him with a depth that left me with regret. It felt like I was unintentionally offering him hope while compromising my self-respect.
(Translation: You're so beautiful.)

In the aftermath of him cheating on me, here I was, surrendering to him once more. It felt inherently wrong, yet in this moment, all I craved was the pleasure he could offer.

"Te quiero. Te quiero tanto mi amor." As his thrusts became faster and sloppier, I could tell we were both getting close to an orgasm.
(Translation: I love you. I love you so much my love.)

I sucked on his neck, knowing that that used to turn him on so much. He groaned and we kissed before he pulled out and I came all over him.

Our breaths filled the room, regret hanging heavy. Being close felt oddly good, but it shouldn't. I hated my weakness, letting him control me. Despite his love claims, trusting him again seemed impossible.

When he pulled away, dark hickies filled his neck.

A genuine smile cover his face and I tried to reciprocate it but it was harder than expected.

"We can't do this again." I muttered and his eyebrows snapped together as his jaw tightened. He strode closer to me, caging me between his arms. "You said the same last time we fucked and yet, here we are."His voice revealed anger, and the expression on his face confirmed it.

"Well, it was a mistake. I'm sorry, Xavi, but I can't keep doing this," I muttered. Despite his fuming exterior, his eyes betrayed a deep sadness. I had hurt him, and conflicting emotions stirred within me.

Ending it brought a strange satisfaction, yet the ache of hurting him tugged at my conscience.

We dressed in silence, tension thickening the air. When we were done, he cast a scrutinizing gaze over me."You're mine and I'll make sure that shit gets printed into your fucking head." He glowered before slamming the door shut.

The beach. Go to the beach.

I grabbed my bag and headed out the school.

What do you think of Xavi?

Thank you so much for reading!

(23/12/2023)