Chapter 7

I was tired.

Tired of everyone and everything around me.

My room seemed to be the only place where I could stay and live calmly. The anxiety I felt whenever I left my bedroom, was unreal. I had never felt like that.

It had been a few days since I had seen Zyran and I was going crazy. For some reason, I only felt really satisfied around him.

It fucking broke me when I went to the beach and he didn't show up.

A knock on my door dragged me out of my trance and it was opened by my father. He smiled softly and lurked around my room before looking at me, the mess laying down on her bed.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?"

"I don't know. It's like I've been here for ages. I'm like so not okay and I haven't even been able to take my meds, which I believe are slowly killing me...I'm tired." I concluded, sighing.

"Why don't you go to the beach? That has always helped you in the past." He suggested.

Going to the beach didn't make sense anymore if I couldn't see Zyran. Not that I could tell him that, but you feel me.

"I just want to lay here forever."

"Do you want me to call Bella or Dommy?"

"Dommy, yes. Bella, hell no."

He raised an eyebrow at me saying, "There must be some girl drama that you're now too old to tell me about, am I right?" He asked and I laughed but nodded. "Let's say, I'm just very disappointed in her."

He smiled before walking out of my room.

******

Dommy and I sat in the living room with me laying on her lap and her massaging my scalp with coconut oil.

She was really good at it too.

"I have news about the Bella situation." Dommy said. I hummed, signalling for her to continue.

"Okay get this, the boy we saw her talking to at first was Xavi's cousin, Diego. He's new and he's the guy Bella posted on her story. Apparently now they're in some kind of relationship." She started.

"Diego is from Colombia and since he doesn't have family in the US but Xavi, he moved in with him. Bella was invited to his house and all three of them spent time together and they're now really close." Dommy explained and I rolled my eyes.

That didn't make any sense and didn't explain why Xavi randomly hugged Bella. However, my interest in the game had faded. His actions fueled my dislike for him in every conceivable way, leading me to a clear conclusion– Xavi and I were never going to be together again.

"Ray! Where did you put my black hoodie?" Levi's voice echoed down the stairs, and I grimaced, realizing I was wearing it.

He finally emerged in front of us, shirtless and adorned with tattoos. The massage on my scalp had seized and I knew exactly why.

Dommy couldn't take her eyes off of my brother.

"Oh, hey Dommy." He said nervously as he scratched the back of his neck.

Useless freak. You're crazy.

I tried to block the voice, but it persisted, repeating words that cut deep. The hurt was intense, and tears welled up in my eyes. I sensed something was seriously wrong with me, and the realization that it was chronic, beyond my control, felt overwhelmingly disheartening.

"I need to go."

I saw Levi's eyes fill with concern before he appeared in front of me. "What's wrong Ray?"