Chapter 33

"Well what the fuck else do you want me to do?! I've been driving all over fucking California, but I still can't find her!" I shouted at my dad in frustration.

He was laying into me, fucking criticising me for being unable to locate Ray. "If you got off your ass instead of just fukcing sitting here and comforting mom, maybe we would've made some progress," I retorted before storming off to my room and slamming the door shut.

It felt unbearably unjust. Raya was more than just my sister; she was my best friend. Yet, it seemed like everyone was accusing me of not doing enough to find her.

The truth was, I couldn't even begin to accept that she was gone. It felt like she had simply gone to the beach, like she used to, and would return any moment. But no matter how many times I drove by the beach, there was no sign of her.

I felt hollow, like a part of me had been torn away. Despite my shitty personality, my bond with Raya was something I cherished deeply.

Who was I supposed to turn to now? How could I navigate life without Raya's smart mouth to advise me?

It all happened in a blur. One moment, we were in the hospital, reeling from the news of Gigi's paralysis, and the next, I realized Raya was missing. I remember the panic that surged through me, the desperate urge to find her. I nearly got into a fucking fight with security when I demanded access to the camera room, driven purely by emotion. My rationality had been drowned out by overwhelming fear.

For the first time since I escaped my abusive father's house, I cried myself to sleep that night. It felt as though I was shedding every fucking ounce of liquid from my body, the pain of Raya's disappearance weighing heavy on my heart.

Normally, a good fuck could lift my spirits, but this was no ordinary situation.

Raya was gone.

Sitting on my bed, memories of the past week flooded my mind as I desperately searched for any clue to her whereabouts. But everything was a blur, elusive and out of reach.

Exhaustion washed over me like a tidal wave, leaving me drained and helpless in the face of this incomprehensible loss.

******

I suddenly woke up, sweating, eyes wide open.

My head was pounding,

My heart racing.

I got startled when my phone buzzed on my nightstand. I unlocked it and a message from Dommy appeared on the screen.

Dommy 💕

I need to see you.

I'm outside, beach side.

I leaped out of bed, hastily throwing on my shirt and pants before swinging open the door to my room and hurrying to Raya's. Sliding down the palm tree, I spotted Dommy and made my way over to her.

The last time I saw Dominica, I had shattered her heart in front of the entire school. I regretted it deeply, but I knew there was no going back. What I had done to her was unforgivable.

As I stood before her now, I couldn't help but notice the brokenness etched into her features, mirroring my own. Dark circles lingered beneath her eyes, and her typically immaculate hair was now pulled back into a messy bun.

No words were necessary. I enveloped her in a comforting embrace, feeling her tears dampen my shirt as she sobbed against my chest. Nestling my face into her neck, I held her tightly, silently.

As we embraced, I felt the warmth of our love enveloping us, comforting and reassuring in its intensity. I never wanted to let her go, she was my everything.

My love for her had transcended to a new level, an indescribable depth that filled every corner of my being. I couldn't imagine my life without her. I loved her with every fiber of my heart.

"I'm so sorry, Dommy," I whispered softly, my voice heavy with regret.

"Please, don't ever do this to me," she pleaded, her words echoing with vulnerability.

"I promise. I love you," I vowed, sealing our promise with a passionate kiss. It was a kiss that spoke volumes, expressing the unbreakable bond between us, promising that no matter what, we would always have each other.

But as we pulled apart, reality came crashing back. Raya was still missing, my sister was paralyzed, and my relationship with my parents was shattered beyond repair. It felt like the universe was punishing me, denying me the happiness I so desperately sought.

I was kissing the love of my life, yet, there was still a gap.

Weakness overcame me, and I collapsed to my knees, tears streaming down my face. I clung to Dommy, seeking solace in her comforting embrace. She knelt in front of me, wrapping her arms around me as I buried my face in her chest, sobbing uncontrollably. Amidst my tears, I apologized to her repeatedly, clinging to her hoodie and begging her to never leave my side.

"I love you Levi, I'll never leave you." She whispered in her magnificent voice. I looked into her eyes and found no lie.

We stayed like this for an hour, enveloped into each other's arms as we talked about us and Raya, promising to look everywhere for her.

"I missed you so much, Dommy," I confessed, a faint smile gracing my lips.

"I missed you too, Lev," she replied, pulling me into a tender kiss.

"If only life was this easy," I murmured against her lips, savoring the moment of intimacy. "Just the two of us, nothing to compromise what we have."

She nodded in agreement, her lips brushing against mine. "We'll find our peace," she said, her tone filled with hope and determination.

I pulled her close, wrapping my arm around her shoulder for comfort. "Do you think we'll find Raya?" I asked, my voice heavy with defeat.

Dommy looked up at me, her own expression mirroring my despair, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "I'm praying we will," she whispered softly.

We shared one last lingering kiss before I made the decision to drive her home.

At least, I had something worth living for now. My relationship with Dommy was the only thing that would keep me going.

I learned the hard way that life could be harsh and unjust. Despite hoping that being part of a new family would offer me the chance at a normal childhood, I quickly realized I was fucking mistaken.

Maybe I just didn't deserve to be happy.

This book is actually so sad, damn...

Well this was the calm before the storm. Everything's gonna go down hill from now on so buckle the fuck up!

(9/02/2024)