Chapter 38

What the fuck was I doing there?

School.

I dragged myself toward the building with Dommy's hand clasped tightly in mine. School was the last fucking  place I wanted to be, but Dommy insisted on the importance of education, because neglecting it wouldn't bring my sister back. If it weren't for her, we'd probably be back in bed, fucking or making out.

As we entered the building, the sudden hush that fell over the crowd was suffocating. It felt like every pair of eyes was boring into us, fucking watching our every move. Suppressing the urge to fucking snap, I dared anyone to utter a word, ready to shut them down with a single glance.

Dommy's grip on my hand tightened, seeking comfort in my presence. I pulled her closer, knowing how much she despised being the center of attention. "Can y'all fucking move?" Suddenly, the hallway was less crowded, making space for us to pass through unhindered.

"You okay?" I whispered to Dommy, my concern for her well-being overshadowing my own. She looked up at me through her beautiful eyes, and nodded. "How much longer will we have to put up with this?" she sighed.

She wrapped her arms around my waist, as I wrapped mine around her head that was buried in my chest. "We just need to push through and graduate," I murmured, hoping to instill some semblance of hope in her heart.

"If anyone gives you trouble or bombards you with questions, just let me know, and I'll handle it," I promised, eliciting a small smile from Dommy. With a tender kiss, she thanked me before we reluctantly parted ways, each heading to our classes as the bell rang, signaling the start of another day in this fucking school.

******

"Let's go!" A voice boomed behind me, followed by hurried footsteps. Glancing back, I observed a crowd gathering on the athletic field. Normally, I'd be drawn to the spectacle of a fight, but my focus was on finding Dommy, so I ignored it.

Navigating through the hallway, I noticed the tide of students moving in the opposite direction, looking like a swarm of fucking flies drawn to shit.

"Lev! Lev!" Cameron's breathless voice called out to me. Arching an eyebrow, I awaited his sentence.

"There's a fight," he panted.

"Yeah, I noticed," I replied, my interest waning.

"You don't understand, Dommy and Bella are fighting," he emphasized.

Rage surged within me, and I clenched my jaw. Discarding my backpack, I forcefully made my way through the crowd toward the field.

Upon arrival, I found a ring of dumbass onlookers surrounding Bella, who was hurling insults at Dommy. Despite the provocation, Dommy maintained her composure, refusing to snap and give the crowd a show.

"So, Dommy, guess you're not actually a good friend. You couldn't even keep your supposedly best friend safe," Bella taunted.

I knew Dommy could perfectly defend herself, I was confident so, I remained a spectator as Dommy approached Bella and delivered a fucking resounding slap, sending Bella's glasses flying.

"That's my girl," I muttered approvingly, crossing my arms.

Before matters could escalate further, I approached Dommy, enveloping her in my arms and guiding her away. "Just stay here; there's something I need to tell her," I told her.

Turning to face Bella, I found her visibly nervous as the crowd fell silent once more.

Drawing closer to her, I towered over Bella, pinning her arms against her body. "It's curious how you always seem to spawn around the people I care about," I remarked with a hint of amusement.