Chapter 18

The anxiety mixing with my schizophrenia, caused me to almost pass out because of the fear I was feeling.

I found myself pushed into an empty classroom, and as I looked up, recognition hit me—those brown, fluffy locks and golden eyes.

Xavi, ladies and gentlemen.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Why the fuck would you do that?" I yelled, attempting to calm my ragged breathing. His eyes widened as he swiftly moved beside me, offering a bottle of water that I refused before pushing him backward.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he pleaded.

Was this bitch serious?

"You covered my mouth and dragged me in here, and you 'didn't mean to scare me'?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Sorry," he mumbled, scratching his neck.

My head was pounding and I sat down, trying to do the breathing exercises. When I finally felt myself calming down, I noticed Xavi taking a seat next to me.

"I really don't know why you're doing this. Why won't you just leave me alone?" I said.

His eyes looked into mine as he spoke. "Raya, the last time we spoke, I—I was drunk and I didn't know what I was doing..."

Run before he hurts you. Run Raya! Run!

"Raya, are you okay?"

"No."

Despite knowing they were harming me, I reached for the pills in the front pocket of my backpack. Xavi handed me his water bottle, and I thanked him before downing everything.

It would take some time, but I was already feeling a bit better. The voices started to quiet down, though some lingered. I made an effort to block them out.

I leaned back in my chair and looked heavenward, closing my eyes before breathing all the fear out.

"I'm so sorry, this is my fault."

"No, my schizophrenia always gets worse when I'm under stress or pressure."

"I know, that's why it's my fault." Xavi said, looking down.

I could tell how guilty he felt but I just ignored it. "What do you want now?" I asked him.

"I wanted to explain myself. Like I said, I was drunk last time. With the football team, we skipped school and went for a drink. I saw you that day and...I'm sorry for everything I did to you." Xavi pleaded.

Whether I forgave him or not, it wouldn't change anything. Our relationship would remain where it was, and it wouldn't alter the fact that I didn't want to get back with him. Still, I forgave him.

"I forgive you."

His eyes met mine, a glimpse of happiness shooting through them. Xavi grabbed my hands and slightly squeezed them. "I love you, Raya."

The sentence only sounded right when it came from Zyran's mouth because I loved Zyran.

Hold on. Did I just-

Butterflies fluttered through my stomach as the realization hit me. I loved Zyran. I loved him so much. A smile spread itself across my face and I retrieved my hands from Xavi's. "I gotta go." I said before grabbing my backpack and swinging it over my shoulder.

******

School was finally over and I was so proud of myself because I managed to follow my classes without skipping them or falling asleep because I couldn't focus.

I texted Levi that I was outside and as I waited for him, I spotted Bella.

She was hanging around some boys of the football team as she played with her hair and swung it over her shoulder before catching it on the other side and repeating the same process over and over again.

Bella had turned into such a pick me that it became impossible to be near her without wanting to fucking pull your ears off.

The way she would crave for the male attention and dress like she never did, was so hard to watch. It was fucking mid October and she was wearing a crop top with a mini skirt.

It wasn't that cold in LA but this was just too much.

I was snapped out of my trance when my phone vibrated in my hands. It was a message from Levi.

Levi 💕

I'm in the car

I put my phone in the pocket of my baggy, pink track suit and made my way to Levi's car. That wasn't until I was stopped by Bella.

"Hey girl!" She screeched. I feigned excitement and smiled at her. One of the boys squeezed her ass and her gloss covered lips parted. "Connor stawp!" She screeched again, making me cover my ears.

"Oh c'mon, you know you liked it." The ugly white boy, named Connor, smirked. She giggled and turned back to me.

"I haven't seen you in ages! How have you been?"

"Bella, what's going on with you?" I wasn't in the mood to answer her questions so I might as well get right into it.

"What do you mean?" She asked, drawing out the 'n'. I rolled my eyes at her and pulled her away from the boys, opting for a more quiet spot.

"I'm not trying to be mean but, you've changed."

She frowned at me and crossed her arms over her chest. "I haven't changed, this is the real me and if you've got a problem with that, then you're clearly not a real friend." She said before storming off.

I blinked a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming and that this was actually happening. I didn't even know what to think about it. She was so pathetic and ridiculous that I decided to just forget it.

I walked past her and saw how the boys were clearly disrespecting her; calling her a whore or saying that they know she'd give them blowjobs for only a dollar because she's nothing but a cheap fleshlight.

Their words, not mine.

I watched as she just stood there and giggled at their "jokes". I felt bad for her because even though we apparently weren't friends anymore, no girl deserved to be treated like that.

As I walked to the car, the name Connor, sounded familiar. And that's when I remembered. I wasn't going to stand there and let them talk so badly to Bella so I walked up to them and smirked at Connor who smiled back at me.

"Connor, I know you ain't talking." I started and his smile faded, as if he knew exactly what I was going to say. "Weren't you the one begging random girls to have sex with you because you're a virgin who was desperate for some pussy?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

His friends burst out laughing and as he shot me a murderous look, I just smiled innocently until he left.

"Connor!" Bella screamed as she ran after him. I wasn't expecting her to thank me but this was just more than pathetic.

"You'll regret this!" Bella screamed at me.

I ignored the calls I was receiving and instead hopped into Levi's car.

What do you think of Bella? Worst thing is that I actually know someone like her irl.

(14/01/2024)