Chapter 39

Confusion washed over me as I tried to process the situation. Daughter?

It suddenly clicked. The woman standing before me was Ray's fucking biological mother. That's why her face seemed familiar. I was shocked, to say the least.

Turning around, I saw Divina storming down the stairs. Her eyes widened as she took in the scene before her.

"Where's my daughter, Divina?" the woman demanded.

"What are you doing here, Laetitia?" Divina shot back.

"I give you my daughter, and now she's missing? What have you done to her?!" Laetitia advanced toward Divina, her fists clenched, but I quickly stepped in and pulled Divina away.

"Everyone, calm down," I interjected.

"Where. Is. Raya?" Laetitia's voice was strained with anger as she glared at Divina.

"I don't know! That's what we've been trying to find out. Now, get the hell off my property," Divina retorted, her own anger flaring.

Dommy and I watched in disbelief as a literal catfight erupted between the two women. They were pulling each other's hair and screaming insults.

The situation was too funny for me not to laugh.

The door finally shut, and Divina came back, panting. "You done?" I asked, almost smirking.

"This is not funny, Levi," she said, running her fingers through her hair as she tried to catch her breath.

"It is, though," I whispered, unable to contain a hint of amusement.

She stormed to the dining table, crashing into a chair. "We've got to find Raya."

"Yeah, no fucking shit," I spat back, my voice laced with venom as I rolled my eyes.

"Where could she be, and why did she leave? We never gave her a reason to leave, did we?" Divina's voice quivered with frustration and confusion. She had to be kidding me.

"You don't think your little fights with your ex were a good enough reason?" I bellowed, slamming my hands onto the table, towering over her. "I didn't think it would have such an impact on you."

"You know how hypersensitive Raya can get in situations like these, you fucking know that. You ruined everything, I lost my sister because of you," I accused, my finger jabbing at her accusingly.

"Lev," Dommy intervened, her hand pressing firmly against my chest to calm me down, but the anger still boiled within me. She acted all fucking innocent and it annoyed the shit out of me.

I fucking hated that woman.

"I never realized that," she muttered, burying her face in her hands as tears streamed down her cheeks. That woman really needed to fucking pull herself together.

"Divina, I know you're hurting, but since the police are so incompetent, we'll have to take matters into our own hands," Dommy said, her voice steady as she soothingly rubbed Divina's back.

I'll always admire my girlfriend's kind soul. We were polar opposites, but we complemented each other perfectly.

"You're right," Divina spoke, her voice trembling with emotion. "Dominica, do you know anything about Raya's surroundings lately?"

I glanced at Dommy, who seemed lost in thought. "Um, I know she got a boyfriend."

A what? Since when? Why? Who?

"Why the fuck didn't I know? Why didn't you tell me?" I demanded, feeling a surge of frustration. "It was pretty recent. She didn't really ask me to keep it a secret, but I don't know, I just did. Sorry, baby," Dommy replied.

"Do you know his name?" Divina pressed. "It was... Uh... Zyran! Yeah, it was Zyran."

"I've nev— wait, did you say Zyran?" I saw fear flash in Divina's eyes, as if she was remembering a dark and scary figure from her past.

"What's wrong?" I asked, my heart racing with anxiety. She had turned pale, and her hands were shaking. "If she's with Zyran, she's in danger. We have to find her! Let's go!" She jumped from her chair and dashed to the coat rack.

"What the fuck are you saying?" I exclaimed, completely bewildered. "I think I know where she is, but we have to hurry before the worse can happen. I'll explain on the way there." I grabbed Dommy's hand, and we rushed towards the car.

I was terrified, absolutely fucking terrified of the explanation she was about to give. Whoever this Zyran guy was, I would fucking kill him if  he had harmed my sister.

Lying on Zyran's shoulder, we watched the sunset, the golden hues casting a warm glow over the beach

In that moment, I felt complete. I needed nothing more, nothing less. Just him.

He kissed my forehead gently, his lips soft against my skin. "How are you feeling?" he asked, his voice a soothing melody.

"I'm happy," I replied, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips as I gazed up at him. Leaning in, I pulled him closer by his chin before pressing my lips against his in a tender kiss.

As the sun dipped lower on the horizon, casting long shadows across the sand, I stood up and walked closer to the water. My yellow dress swayed gently in the breeze, its fabric catching the last rays of sunlight as it danced in the water.

Zyran followed me, his hand reaching out to rub my arms as he whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too," I whispered back, the words carrying on the breeze.

"We made a promise to always stay together, right?" he asked, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

I nodded. "Does that mean you'll choose me over life?" His question caught me off guard, a frown forming on my brow.

"Raya! Raya!"

I turned to see Dommy, Levi, and my mom approaching, their figures silhouetted against the fading light of the sunset.

"Raya, come with us, sweetie, it's okay," my mom pleaded, her voice tinged with concern.

I backed up, instinctively clinging to Zyran as if he were my lifeline. The waves lapped gently at my legs, the cool water rising higher with each passing moment.

"Ray, please," Levi said, his voice filled with urgency.

"We're here to bring you back home."

"I'm staying here, with Zyran," I declared firmly, refusing to budge.

My mom's face paled, her eyes wide with disbelief. "Baby, you're hallucinating. Zyran isn't real."

What?

What the fuck?

Also, Happy Valentines Day 💕

(14/02/2024)