I am fucking disgusted

*Trigger warning. Mentions of rape and sexual assault. If either of these are upsetting, you absolutely do not have to read this.*

What the fuck.

I am fucking disgusted.

Fucking.

Disgusted.

So, I was watching a YouTube video about sitcom storylines than wouldn't fly these days, and there was one that made me so fucking mad.

Fear Strikes Back, from Facts Of Life.

Some girls go to a Halloween party to win some tickets to some concert.

Seems ok.

But then it became a 'very important lesson' episode.

They were told that a woman was sexually assaulted by a man on the way to her car.

The girls are like 'GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP. well that sucks. anyways...'

But then, one of the girls (Natalie) is attacked and sexually assaulted by a stranger, and everyone is like 'GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP. well that sucks. anyways...'

Big chunks of the episode were spent with other characters complaining about Natalie's trauma affecting them soooooooooooooooooo badly.

Here's an interaction

Blonde bitch: I've been up almost every night with Natalie this week!

Brunette bitch: we've all been up with her! Those nightmares of hers are getting worse.

UM, MAYBE SHOW A LITTLE CONCERN FOR HER INSTEAD OF BEING ALL 'WOE IS ME'?????????????

OH! And then they try to convince the viewer that Natalie is at fault for not defending herself better!

BITCH, FOR ALL WE KNOW SHE COULD OF USED EVERY SHRED OF ENERGY SHE HAD TO FIGHT THE PERSON OFF!

Then some old bitch is like 'oh. you shouldn't be scared. shits all in the past. kay, now take a self defense course. everything will be fine'

What.

The.

Fuck.

I have never been sexually assaulted, and I am so so so thankful for that, but I do know that it is NEVER the victim's fault.

'Oh, did you see what they wearing?'

NOT THEIR FAULT!

'They shouldn't have been out alone!"

NOT THEIR FAULT!!!

'They were practically asking for it!'

NOT THEIR FUCKING FAULT!

IT IS NEVER THE VICTIM'S FAULT!

If a person sexually assaults another person, it is THE ASSAULTERS FUCKING FAULT!

OH. AND ANOTHER THING!

People who joke and laugh about sexual assault make me sick to my stomach.

IT'S NOT A FUCKING JOKE! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY LIVES RAPE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT HAVE DESTROTEYED?

If you joke about these subjects, you sicken me. You fucking sicken me. Take a look in the fucking mirror and think about your fucking behavior!

Sexual assault can happen to anyone. Any gender, any sex, any age, any ethnicity. It can affect and traumatize anyone.

If you have dealt with something like this in the past, I am so sorry, and I am sending so much love and so much support.

You didn't deserve it.

It wasn't your fault.

You are so strong.

Keep your beautiful face up.

Things will get better.

💙💜🩵💜💙