chocolate > $75 dollar cup

Hello my lovelies.

People on TikTok were getting fucking stanley cups, and skin care and fucking PHONES for Easter.

When I was nine or ten, I got pajamas as well as chocolate on easter, and I was like "... ok, thanks for the PJs, but I thought today was about snacks?"

THIS YEAR, I was given a bag of lindor and a chocolate bunny, because my brothers were on holiday with my mum, and my dad could splurge a bit more than my family usually does on easter treats, and then I went to my aunt and uncles house in the afternoon and they gave me a little bag of chocolate eggs.

when I got them all, I was like "Wow. I bet this is the most expensive easter in the history of the world."

BUT NO.

FIFTY TO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLAR CUPS.

HUNDRED DOLLAR STARBUCKS GIFT CARDS.

SHOES.

AIRPODS, AND iPHONES, AND SPEAKERS.

DRUNK ELEPHANT LIP-CREAM-MOISTURIZER-PLUMPER-OIL THINGAMAJIGS.

And by the way, if it was like "Oh, my kid is nineteen and they're moving out soon, so I'm giving them a few small items that aren't chocolate and lollies so that their last Easter at home is really good."

BUT NO.

"Packing my eleven year old's Easter basket! First we're adding a $100 dollar starbucks gift card..."

"Here's what's in my eight year old's easter basket. I started with a pair of Birkenstocks..."

"come with me while I shop for my thirteen year old's easter basket. I went to sephora, and got her some anti-aging bullshit..."

let me ask you all something...

if you were... let's say ten years old, would you rather have

A. some $738 bag of drunk elephant skin care. 

Seriously, it's that much.

or B

or B. a $2.75 pack of mini easter eggs.

and yes, I understand that some folks aren't huge fans of lollies and chocolates, especially older kids with more developed pallets.

well why not get them some chips, or a pack of gum, or just a bag of mini easter eggs so that they could just have a little bit of chocolate at a time.

and if you really need to get your kids something that isn't food, why go so expensive?!

Why not get a little stuffed animal, or a $25 gift card for a store they like, or a bath bomb, or a piece of jewelry they've been wanting that isn't too expensive.

THERE IS NO NEED TO BE BUYING YOUR CHILDREN AND TEENS PHONES AND STANLEY CUPS JUST ON EASTER.

would I love to get makeup, or a pair of doc martens, or a new laptop or pair of headphones? YES! OF COURSE!

Am I aware (And completely fine with) that I'll nearly definitely get chocolates and not makeup, a pair of doc martens and a new laptop and headphones? YES, OF COURSE!!!

You wanna get your kids an expensive gift? WAIT TILL CHRISTMAS, OR THEIR BIRTHDAY, OR THEY HAVE LIKE TWO WEEKS TO LIVE!

I should start a youtube channel.

I really should.

Then I could get enough money to just casually buy an iPhone instead of counting all the money in my wallet to see if I can really get that $2.80 pack of 5gum.