Chapter 12: Twisted Young Passenger

⚠️TRIGGER WARNINGS⚠️
-Mention of sexual assault
-Victim blaming
-Manipulation
-Lack of empathy

Skippable Summary:
Hannibal remains worried after Mandy's phone call and gets more triggered than usual by the cranky well meaning cab driver.
In return he triggers the driver back, seeing and creating opportunity for a potential future psychiatric patient.

Hours later in the evening, Hannibal was startled awake by his phone ringing loudly. It was Mandy from psychology class.
"Hello Mandy, how are you this evening?" Hannibal asked still half sleepy.
"Mr. Graham doesn't wanna tell me anything and doesn't want you to know that he's hurt and hungover, but I seriously don't feel right about hiding this from you.
I helped him the best I could but I think you're better suited" Mandy mustered.
"Thank you for looking after him Mandy, I'll take a cab to your complex and drive us all to campus in Mr. Graham's car. See you both soon" Hannibal said.
"You're Welcome, bye bye Hannibal" she said hanging up.
Hannibal let out a drawn out sigh and went to change his pad. He put a trench coat on and brushed his hair before gathering his bag and keys.
The cab couldn't arrive fast enough in Hannibal's worried mind, why did a man almost 20 years older bring out his fatherly instincts??
An ongoing horn honking pulled him from his daze and he ran outside quickly locking the door behind him soon as he realized the cab arrived.
"Where to young man??" the middle aged driver asked with an impatient tone.
Hannibal read Mandy's address to the driver, not feeling very interactive.
"Ohh shit man..be careful, that side of town's rather sketch" said the driver.
"I've been there before, I'm sure I'll be okay" Hannibal said.
"First time round there or not, stay vigilant and wary young man" the driver insisted.
"It's unusual of me to sound rude like this, but I already said I'll be okay" Hannibal re emphasized.
"I grew up there and they don't discriminate, they harass and assault pretty young men like yourself too" the driver said.
"Pardon sir, but I feel rather harassed by your continuous remarks" Hannibal said.
"Geez young man I'm just trying to lookout and warn you, this scary world sucks ass and so does that side of town too" the driver grumbled and sighed.
"Were you sexually assaulted in your youth sir? Sometimes sexual assault survivors have unresolved paranoia and projections" Hannibal said.
"Actually yes and I think your statement is rather tone deaf young man" the scowled driver sighed, pressing his thumb and index finger into his shut eyelids.
"Please sir, eyes on the road.."Hannibal said firmly.
The driver removed his hand away from his eyes and back on the wheel.
"I'm sorry young man, your analysis made me relive my assault" the driver muttered repressing a cry.
"My apologies sir, you may come see me at campus next week if it gets worse. We're taking clients for practice therapy sessions" Hannibal said.
"You're a cold crooked swindler young man, manipulating people into using your services by bringing their trauma back up just for a fucking grade what the fuck??!" the driver cried.
"I'm happy to help survivors process, grieve, and heal from their trauma"Hannibal said smiling.
The brakes suddenly halted forward with a loud screech.
"We're close, please exit my vehicle young man!!" the now shaky rapidly breathing driver pleaded through chattering teeth.
"Please contact me the same day next week, I look forward to helping you" Hannibal grinned, handing the driver his contact info card and a $900 tip.
"What the fuck was that??!" the driver questioned to himself before he sped off.
Hannibal walked the rest of the route using his mobile GPS wearing one Bluetooth earbud so he can also listen for sketchy people like the driver warned him about.
"Hey there young man, nice peach you got there" said a male voice said squeezing his butt and swiftly scooping him up.
He was scooped and spun around so quickly he couldn't identify who it was.
"Ohh nooo put me down please!!" Hannibal begged.
"I've come to your rescue young man" Will said smiling as he came to a stop still holding a dizzy Hannibal bridal style.
"Oh my battered bruised hero!!" Hannibal excitedly squealed throwing his arms around Will's neck.
"Heheh, call me your wreck in shitty armor young man!!" Will laughed.
"I wouldn't call you such things Mr. Graham" Hannibal chuckled back.
Mandy watched with sadness in the distance, herself and her ex were never that sickly cute and cheesy together even during their 'honeymoon' phase.
She lacked the awareness of Hannibal and Will's true dynamic thanks to only hearing things through Hannibal's unreliable perspective.