Chapter 16: Silly Goofy Chaos

Skippable Summary:
Though Hannibal didn't technically put hands on Will, disappointed and upset staff still awaited them both.

Will's POV:

Will's head darted up scanning the area in search of the young man.
"Shit!" he mumbled, as he saw the young man run up the stairs and turn a corner that lead to the opposite end of the upper floor's perimeter.
He groaned in pain, struggling to get up because his head still pounded and throbbed.
He ran in the same direction and lost his balance, causing him to bump into disgruntled students who shouted obscenities at him along his way.
Nearby professors rushed to their rooms and frantically called campus security about what they just witnessed.
Once Will made it upstairs, he briefly stopped and leaned up against a vending machine to catch his breath and regain his balance.
A loud 'THUNK!!' sound caused by a landing soda can snapped him out of his disoriented daze.
Will snatched it out of the machine and ran without daring to look back when he heard an angry "HEY!!" shouted behind him in the distance.

Hannibal's POV:

Hannibal's heart pounded outside of his chest and his legs threatened to give out at any moment now.
Just when he thought Will couldn't get more childish and angry, he was proved wrong.
After he scanned the floor and saw no signs of Will, he hid inside an elevator that read "OUT OF ORDER!!", it's been long since fixed but campus maintenance forgot to remove the sign.
Hannibal thanked his late family for protecting and providing him an escape from Will's wrath.
When the elevator stopped and opened wasting no time, he ran outside of campus and desperately tried to blend in with the busy crowds.

Will's POV:

Will ran out of breath a second time and leaned against a window for support.
He observed the outside crowds of students until he noticed a loner who wasn't moving along with them.
He narrowed his eyes and focused on the loner until he identified him as Hannibal.
Oh shit! he thought, racing down a nearby flight of stairs as soon as he heard footsteps and
walkie-talkies.
He made it outside running around like a madman and hid in the bushes when he saw professor
walk by.
Once professor was out of sight, he emerged from the bushes and ran behind campus to sneak up on Hannibal.
He earned strange looks from students who exchanged confused comments, but he was too focused on catching Hannibal to notice.

Reader POV:

Will ran up to Hannibal and kicked the back of his knees hard, causing him to fall forward and scrape his skin through his clothing fabric.
Hannibal felt Will's hand strongly grip at the nape of his neck, pull him up off the ground, and help get him into a sat position before he could cry out in pain.
"Mr. Graham??" Hannibal winced as he looked up
to face Will.
"Yes young man, have a drink" Will said.
Hannibal took the soda can and opened it, getting sprayed from the neck and chest down by a sugary foamy geyser.
He released a quiet whine that didn't go unheard before taking a long sip.
"Heh sorry young man, I literally took it and ran with it" Will laughed in amusement at seeing Hannibal sticky, moody, displeased, and pouting.
After Hannibal finished the soda, he silently got up to leave, letting Will follow until they got closer to professor's classroom and split up.
Hannibal and Will arrived to professor, the dean, security, and police waiting for them.
They knew that they were obviously in trouble but decided to pretend that nothing happened anyway.