Chapter 13: Expanded Tension

Skippable summary:
The ride turned awkward because the two men got into mildly heated disagreements once again, but they forgot that Mandy was there to hear and witness them this time.

"Ugghh shit.." Will groaned in pain falling halfway forward almost dropping Hannibal.
"You're definitely not safe to drive us all in one piece Mr. Graham, please allow me" Hannibal said.
"Yeah sure fine..whatever" Will sighed putting him down and tossing the keys.
"Owww dammit!" Mandy whined clutching her pregnant tummy after the keys hit her with a fair bit of force.
"Mr. Graham be careful she's still pregnant!!" Hannibal scolded.
"I didn't mean to hit her young man, lay off!" Will argued back.
"Wether you intended to or not, you still hurt her and most likely startled the poor baby.
Please learn to control your aim and physical strength!" Hannibal continued scolding.
Will gave up being rude and argumentative dragging himself to the passenger side of his car trying not to fall forward, backward, or on his sides.
They all got inside of Will's car once Hannibal unlocked it.
"So how was the cab ride here Han?" Mandy asked breaking the awkward silence.
"I offered the driver my upcoming services next week, I accidentally triggered the poor man into reliving a horrible experience. I felt bad and I wanted to make it up to him" Hannibal said.
"Was it really on accident young man?" Will asked raising his eyebrows in annoyance.
"Now now Mr. Graham, why would you ask a rude question like that?" Hannibal countered.
Mandy felt awkward that her small talk attempt turned into an argument between Hannibal and Will, she stayed quiet trying her best to tune them out.
"I'm just saying young man..you have a tendency to push boundaries, wind people up, and act like a surprised disappointed guardian when your behavior brings out the worst within them.." Will sighed rubbing his eyes.
"I'm trustworthy and want to bring out peoples demons so I can better help and heal them.
They shouldn't be defensive and afraid of me, I'm passionate and patient. Professor taught me well" Hannibal said smiling at Will.
"Hmm..I suppose he can teach you to better respect others boundaries and stop further proceeding when they express that you're pushing them too far" Will seethed.
"I don't have to follow professor's guidance with fully in-depth accuracy Mr. Graham, I'm a man of my own thoughts and decisions" Hannibal said.
"I know I'm not one to talk young man but you're rather unethical, pushy, and detached when you keep insisting that you're empathetic and patient" Will sighed.
"I'm sorry I gave you such impressions about myself Mr. Graham" Hannibal sighed sadly biting his lower lip.
"Look young man..don't take this past a grain of salt, just hear me out" Will sighed cupping his left hand on Hannibal's right knee.
Hannibal held back tears keeping his eyes clear on the road..he never wanted to be alone so badly.
"Truly patient psychiatrists don't have conflicts with following ethics, respecting both patient and outsider boundaries, and lastly won't push past limits without verbal consent" Will said.
Hannibal didn't react or respond for the rest of the ride until he parked in the campus staff parking.
"Would you like to get some fresh air with me Mandy??" Hannibal asked shutting off the engine.
"Yeah sure, it's getting stuffy in here" Mandy panted leaving the car with Hannibal.
Will stayed behind and dissociated for awhile before reluctantly taking bitter tasting caffeinated pain relief for his dizzy pounding migraine.