SPECIAL 1 - A Friend of a Friend

I considered myself a little unlucky in love.

"Uea, what I did was wrong. Please forgive me."

Guy, a tall guy in a university student's uniform, was begging repeatedly all the way from the faculty building to the main cafeteria and it was frustrating me a lot. First, I was hungry, having skipped breakfast to rush to a class. Then I received a quiz result that was very different from what I expected. He was making me angrier than any other time, but it seemed like the person who was following me like a chick following his mom at that moment didn't sense my frustration in the slightest.

"I think we have already finished discussing this issue since that day. There's nothing else to say." I glanced at the boy who continued to follow me as I spoke in a cold voice.

"I was wrong. I left that girl. Please come back with me."

How annoying!

"Not a chance. Once I've been hurt, I learn. I don't want to be a fool that anyone can fool repeatedly." I refused without considering his feelings and walked away, but he continued to follow me without giving up.

I could only curse in my mind with extreme irritation. This handsome guy was my now ex-boyfriend who I had been seeing for almost a year, ever since I entered college. He was the one who first courted me and I was very attracted to him, so I agreed to go out with him. Before this, our love was sweet until I found out that Guy had cheated on me with the most popular girl in the Accounting Faculty.

Those ten months of love had immediately turned into a hypocrisy that had wasted time of my life.

"I will not do it again. I really love you. Please give me another chance."

"Even if you don't have me, you still have many other people ready to give you a chance. Don't waste your time on me. It's over between us."

"But-"

"Guy, if you still understand human language, you should understand this: I will never get back together with you. Stop tormenting me." I yelled in slight anger before quickly exiting the cafeteria.

I didn't want to waste my time talking to some garbage who had so easily cheated on me with someone else, like a docile dog who happily wagged his tail at anyone who called him that.

Furious, I decided to leave the canteen and called a motorcycle taxi to go back to the dormitory. After getting tired in class, I wanted something to eat to fill my stomach, but I had crossed paths with my ex-boyfriend who wanted to get back together with me. It wasn't the first time Guy had asked me for a chance. After I found out, he disappeared for almost a month and then, suddenly, he showed up again to torment me. Guy had been trying to win me back for a month, but no matter how many times he did it, my answer would always be 'no'.

If someone had asked me if I still had feelings for Guy, I would have to say yes, of course. I had been dating him for ten months. I even loved him more than anyone else. Even though I was disappointed in love, I had a lot of faith in him. I had thought that Guy wouldn't be like the other guys who cheated on me with a beautiful girl, but then, in the end, that man proved to be no different than any of my exes. When we broke up, I cried all night: I cried so much that my roommate almost couldn't sleep because he was worried about me. Also, I was so hurt that I went drinking alone at a nightclub, something I had never done, but once I came to my senses, I believed that leaving him was a good thing.

I shouldn't keep a smelly piece of trash near me, right?

When I thought about the time I went to the nightclub two months earlier, another unpleasant memory came to mind: that day my heart had been broken by a guy who flirted with more than one person and I intended to drink to comfort myself, but I accidentally ran into another playboy. He kept staring at me like a wolf watching his prey even though he had his girlfriend in his arms.