[9] Human

Flashback

I watch New York come to life as the sun begins to set behind all the tallest buildings that New York has to offer. I glance through the huge widow that covers my fathers office. I sit firmly on the edge of his black modern desk, a bottle of bourbon in hand. I can hear the noise vibrating through the floor and all along the walls. Of course they turn up the music, like it wasn't loud enough.

I told Tony and my father that having a party at the office wouldn't be such a great idea but of course they didn't listen. What would a eighteen year old know... I unscrew the lid to the bourbon I stole from my father's secret stash. Well if he ask me about it I'll just reply with it wasn't very hidden. I set the almost empty bottle to my side. My phone buzzes in my pocket.

I pull it out, reading five new text from Madison.

Hyde call me! ;)

Are you playing hard to get?

Missing you.

My parents are out of town! :)

You're such an ass.

I roll my eyes at the multiple text she sent me, it's not happening. I don't get why she doesn't get the hint. I slide my phone back into my pocket ignoring all the text that she had just sent me. As I continue to stare off into the skyline of New York the door behind me opens. I look over my eyes to see Tony's new assistant Natalie.

"Oh," I hear her whisper, "your fathers looking for you."

I stare at her. Shes wearing a tight short black dress that leaves a little room for imagination. I catch her emerald green eyes before I quickly look away. I blush to myself.

"Thank you Natasha... or should I continue to call you Natalie?" I reply black, standing up so I can turn around to face her.

She raises an eyebrow at me before speaking. "How?"

I let out a small laugh before answering her question. "I've been watching you. The way you took down Happy a couple of weeks ago gave me a few hints. And also you speak perfect Latin, and then it finally hit me... that you were or are the black widow."

She moves closer to me. I may had lied a little about finding out who she was. I heard my father talking with Nick Fury a week ago, his office door wasn't all the way close so I took a look through the crack. That's when I notice Natasha and them. After that I didn't let anybody know about her secret identity until now.

"Your fathers looking for you, you should go talk to him." She finally answers.

I glance away, I really don't want to talk to him right now. That's the last thing on my mind right now. We haven't been getting along, what am I talking about we never get along. We're always grating on each others nerves there's never an ending. Natasha must notice somethings wrong because she ask me.

"Are you okay?"

I don't answer right away.

"No, it's just my father and I are not getting along right now and I'm afraid that if I go down there I'm going to say something that's going to start a fight." I tell, looking down at the marble flooring.

Natasha stares at me.

"Look I'm sorry, you probably don't want to hear it. I bet you think I'm a spoiled brat that get's everything he wants." I stupidly say.

Natasha shakes her head gently at me. "I don't think your a spoiled brat, I mean I met your father and I can totally see where your coming from. I mean I work for him. He can be an ass at some points."