[18] Erased

I bow my head in disbelief. The outside of the place looks like it's been isolated for centuries, but underneath... underneath, everything looks brand new. All the technology is updated, the best of the class. Natasha runs her tiny fingers along all six computers that line up on the metal desk. I look up to meet Felix eyes, he holds three leather bound journals in his hands. His fingers gazing the the front of the journal.

Without looking he tosses them over to me. I catch them my eyes studying the small initials that is in the bottom left side corner. I touch the white initials as my eyes trace over the B.B. I open up the journal flipping through a couple of pages before reading some of the notes. This for an absolute fact my mothers handwriting.

Eden's showing extreme signs of aggression and spite towards anyone that has to do with the program.

I continue to read on. Flipping onto the next page of the journal. This ones dated July 16, 2008.

Eden slipped into leader rule between the three with no problem. Mia and Athena allowed him too without hesitation. Eden and Athena seemed to have a strong connection between each other.

I toss the first one onto the table after deeming nothing else was really important. I open the second journal skipping through the journal to find something interesting. It's dated January 15, 2008. These books must be a year apart from each other.

Results are going well. Control is still an issue with Eden. He will not listen to anyone other then Athena.

I skip through the rest of the book my eyes landing onto the last page of the journal. Athena? Why can't I remember anything about her? About this? Is she the one that died?

"What is this?" I ask finally breaking silence.

Felix looks at me, his left hand resting on his chin. I glance over to Natasha, she's sitting down at one of the computer chairs. If this place was abandoned eighteen years ago, why are there new computers? These computers are only a year old and about three thousand dollars a piece.

"This is where all the testing happened." He points around the room, "Those journals were your mothers. I thought you might want to know what she wrote about you."

"Who's Athena?" I ask gaining attention from Natasha.

"Athena." He laughs, "I thought you would never ask. Athena was a one year older then you. She was brought to this lab when she was seven because she was an orphan, we waited a week but nobody came to claim her. I took her in as my own, you and her... you both could never get enough of each other."

I look at my uncle. I can feel both Natasha and his eyes on me like their waiting for my reaction.

"why... what happened?" I challenge moving closer to him.

"As the years past you both started to grow. Athena and you had a connection, a connection nobody understood. Not even Mia had that connection with either one of you. The way you to exchange looks, body language, the way you to talk to each other." He explains, "We believed it was because you two were in there the longest out of the three. When you got older you both started a relationship, at first we all thought it wasn't a good idea but your mom my sister, she said it was good it showed you had feeling that you both cared."

He pauses his eyes searching me. I look down at the ground trying to remember. But it's no use.

"After a couple of months Athena started to go mad. It's like she snapped, I have video feed if you would like to see it." He walks over to one of the computers typing in a couple of codes and then a video of a young teenage girl pops up.

I move closer to the video my eyes staring down the girl with the long brown hair. She just siting facing the wall scratching at the wall. She's scratched at the wall for so long and so hard that she started to bleed. Why would they let her do that to herself? I start to feel dizzy, I take a step back dropping to my knees as a flash back hits me.

"Eden," The girl whisper and I can finally see what she looks like.

She has long brown hair, dark brown eyes and olive skin. She's beautiful, even though I don't remember her all the much I can remember how she made me feel. Somethings off, I don't know what it is but somethings not right.

"Athena," I whisper my eyes trained on her. "I promise I won't let them hurt you anymore."

"Eden, don't keep promises you cannot keep." She whisper her voice full of sadness.

I laugh at her answer, I will keep her safe no matter the cost. "It's a promise I will keep, I swear to you Athena I won't let them hurt you anymore. I won't let him hurt you anymore."

I gasp for breath as I snap back to reality. I'm curled up into a ball on the cold concrete floor, Natasha holds onto me my head laying in her lap. She runs her tiny fingers in my hair trying to soothe me.

"What was it?" Natasha challenges looking at me with curiosity. "Was it another memory? Another Flashback."

I nod my head not being able to wrap my head around what I just saw. I finally get up off the floor, glaring at my uncle. "What happen after I promised Athena I wouldn't let anybody else hurt her?" I challenge standing straight.

"Instead of telling you... why don't I show you instead." I hesitate for a moment glancing back at Natasha before following him down a dark hallway.

This place looks completely abandoned like nobody's been here for years. Will minus the main part of the building. My uncles blue eyes are fixed on me when he stops at a metal door.

"This... this is what happen." He opens up the door turning on the lights.

The room is large, larger then the main room. Metal tables are turned up side down all over the room. It look's like chaos went down. Blood is stained everywhere on the floor and all over the wall. This room is completely covered in blood.

"An hour later after you told Athena you would protect her from us, from me... you got out. In less then five minutes everybody was dead, everything went silent." He walks around the room . "You killed more then thirty people, including you're mother."

I shake my head in disbelief. No. No, I won't believe it. I won't. She died by a car accident.

"No," I whisper with shock. "She died in a car accident. I was there. Why are you lying?"

"I'm not lying Eden. You snapped, she was the last one you killed." He tells, "You can't remember a thing of any of this because you're father wanted us to swipe every memory that you held from this place."

"We turned you into a monster. You're powers, their remarkable. Super strength, intelligence, the ability to copy everything around you. If you saw something like riding a bike without every riding one, you would be able to do it." All his words they don't matter, my powers, what they created it was a monster.

Vote-Comment-Etc

A/N- Sorry for taking so long to update this please forgive me. Thank you all so much for the support it truly means the world to me.