[15] Lie To Me

I walk down the halls of S.H.E.I.L.D my eyes trained in front of me. It's been two weeks since the last time I've seen Carol and Luke. I been holding back not seeing him, it's been really tough but I've done it. I want to see him believe me I do but I don't want to freak Carol out in the process. Maybe one day... maybe I can see him, get to know him, teach him things my dad never taught me. Teach him how to be a man... how to treat a girl.

I turn right giving a couple of agents a nod as I pass them. Most of the time I would smile and say hi and they would do the same but it's different, it has been ever since I returned home. It's almost like their scared to talk to me, scared that I might snap on them, scared that maybe I might even break. I punch in my security code 011597 into the elevator. The door opens leading me down the hall and towards a large door. As I stop at the door I read the large white letters that hang on a sign,
director Fury.

I don't bother to knock, they never do with me, so why should I do it back? Nick turns away from the skyline of New York to face me, he's dressed in all black, why am I not surprised? He points towards the chair but I give him a shrug of my shoulders.

"I'm good but thanks." I add, standing tall.

"Don't say I didn't offer." Fury replies taking a seat in his chair.

"Let's make this quick." I dryly answer, "I'm not one for small talk so let's just get down to why you called me into here."

Fury chuckles before leaning into his seat, his face turning serious. " I've just wanted to see how your doing?"

I roll my eyes at his question. He's bull shitting, he's never cared before. So why does he care now?

"How I'm doing?" I ask narrowing my eyes at him, "Fantastic, peachy, everything's going so well. I can't stand my dad he's a total dick bag. Um Natasha gave up our child and she may be dating Banner but I have no freakin idea why? He's not that interesting if I'm begin honest, he just turns into a huge green big guy that I thought Nat was scared of?"

Fury glares at me. What did I do wrong? He asked me how I was doing. Was I being to honest? Or maybe I was right he truly didn't care, he just wanted to act like he did.

"So, would you like to add anything else to your little rant?" Fury ask leaning back in his chair, his hands resting in his lap.

I smirk at him before looking at my phone. It reads 5:30. I shake my head in his direction.

"I think I'm good boss." I answer cockily, "I'm actually having drinks with-"

"I don't care who your having drinks with Hyde." Fury shouts standing up from his chair so were eye level.

"I'll see you around." I coldly reply, "If I have time of course. I seem to be very busy with my life at the moment."

I turn towards the door opening with no hesitation and then slamming it as I leave. Agent Hill see me.

"Hyde you know he doesn't like it when you have one of your moods." Hill whispers patting me on the shoulder.

I remove her hand from my shoulder dropping it back at her side. "You know I don't care right. My mood is because people make me this way. How is that my fault?"

"It's called growing up. It looks like something you haven't learned yet." I laugh at her attempt to burn me. It's not going to effect me like she thinks it is.

"Nice Hill. Have you been hanging around my father?" I savagely voice, "That's something he would tell me. Oh wait, he already has, over and over and over again. So thanks but I don't need a mom I already had one and she's dead so you can stop."