[17] The Truth In Your Lies

The party is filled with classical music as people of higher class stand around talking, or what I like to call gossiping about other people in this very room in their most expensive suits and dresses. I stand alone in a corner, a glass of champagne in my right hand as I stare at Natasha and another guy talking a couple of feet away from me. He staring at her like she's an angel and I can't help but want to puke in my mouth as he try's to flirt with her, this guy is trying way to hard. But Natasha's just eating it up like it's candy. She continues to flirt back, I roll my eyes before chugging the champagne.

A waiter wearing a black suit with a white button up walks by me, I set the empty glass of champagne onto the silver tray before taking another one off. If I have to continue to see this guy fail at flirting with Natasha I'm going to need a lot more then this crappy champagne. Natasha is wearing a strapless red dress with silver high heels and her hair perfectly done. She hasn't said a word to me since we got to the party, maybe it's because I rejected her up in that hotel room. I'm done playing these games. Playing her games.

One minute she wants me and everything is totally fine. And then the next she hates my guts. I love her I really do, I would do anything I possibly could for her. But maybe it's time to let her go... completely. As I glance towards them for the millionth time tonight I can feel Natasha's icy stare. She whispers something in his ear before walking away from him. He smiling like a complete idiot, he turns around to see me glaring at him.

Okay maybe not him, it's actually directed for Natasha but she just left. I thought we were supposed to be looking for Felix together but I guess that's my job. The man who Natasha was just talking to makes his way over to me his blue eyes filled with amusement. His hair is perfectly comb back, he's also very fitted for his age which I'm guessing is in his late thirties. He wears a suit just like mine but a little more expensive.

"What's your problem man?" The guy whispers next to me.

"I don't have a problem. But if I did, I'll let you know." I harshly whisper back, turning to face him.

"Is she your girlfriend?" I smile at his comment oh buddy you have know idea of the things we been through.

"No... not anymore." I answer honestly, "But let me give you a quick. She's only going to rip your heart out."

I pat him on the shoulder before seeing our target across the room. Felix looks around the room before his cold blue eyes land on me. He quickly walks out of the room causing me to go after him as quickly as I can. The hallway is dim as I quickly follow after him. I must have caught Natasha's attention because she's calling after me. As soon as I make my way to the end of the hallway he's gone.

I try to catch my breath my eyes focusing on both ways. I can either go right or left. A figure appears from the left hallway. One that is very familiar, she hasn't changed a bit. She gives me a warm smile before going through the door. She wears a white lab coat.

"Mom!" I yell after her.

"Hyde." Natasha's voice getting closer.

"Mom!" I yell again chasing after her.

"Hyde." Natasha voice's can barely be heard in the background.

I push open the doors my heart pounding in my chest as I look around the room. I can feel sweat on my forehead as I look at my mom. This isn't really. This can't be really, she's dead. I was there when she died.

She's standing next to a bed a chart in her hand as she looks at the child in the bed. Her eyes are filled with sadness. All of a sudden a wave of nausea takes over me bringing me to my knees. I look back up at the scene that's taking place in front of me. It's a lab, the child is a sleep, but then I notice all the machines their hooked up to. Why does this place seem so familiar.

"Hyde." I hear a voice.

"Hyde." The voice is getting louder but it's not Natasha's it's more manly.

"Hyde." I gasp for air as the image leaves my mind.

I look up to see Felix kneeling next to me his hand on my shoulder as he stares at me with concern. How does he know my name. I look around the room, were in a basement. Why would he come to a basement?

"Hyde," Natasha whispers moving closer to me.

Damn I didn't even know she was here. I finally get off the ground, Felix rising with me.

"Hyde," he whispers his eyes full of shock. "I thought I would never see you again.

I stare at him in shock how the hell does he know me? I move back a little, moving toward Natasha.

"How do you know me?" I ask trying to grasp what I just saw.

"That's to be expected." He whispers running a hand through his black curly hair.

"If you knew who he was, then why did you run?" Natasha ask moving closer to him.

"I didn't run, I was leading you two down here so we could talk in private." He begins, "I'm a summing your father or S.H.E.I.L.D sent you after me. That was to be expected. I haven't seen you since your mother died seven years ago."

"I..." I can't even speak.

"That attack that you just had was a flashback Hyde." Felix whispers and then it hits me like a bus.

His last name my moms last name. He's my uncle.

"You're my uncle." I whisper looking at him for an answer.

He shakes his head, "Eden, when you were a month old, you got really sick to the point that you almost died. So your mom and I decided to test on you. It took a couple of months to finally start taking its work. And operation Alpha was on it's way."

I shake my head but I don't, I can't remember any of this. Why can't I remember this?

"The reason you don't remember Eden is because we wiped your memory ever time it was done. Everything that you can do, everything that you thought you worked for is a complete lie. We fixed you."

"Fixed me?" I ask with a sharp laugh, "So basically everything that I've ever won has been false, it was because I'm genetically altered?"

There's a intense look of guilt in his eyes as he begins to speak. "When you hit seventeen and eighteen your aggression grew. The memory wipes started not to work on you. You ended up injuring your mother, giving her a broken wrist, a couple of bruises, and a concussion."

"You couldn't control yourself, that's where we got Hyde from. There where two other girls who got the same treatment one died, and the other well she's escaped we haven't found her since. All three of you where close." I close my eyes, did I really hurt my mom?

"What where their names?" I challenge.

"Hyde give me a chance to explain more." He whispers looking at Natasha then at me. "I need to take you to the place, that's where I can explain more to you. Where I can show you.

"What place?" Natasha ask, and I can tell she wants to know more about this.

"Show me what?" I ask getting interested as well, I want to see. See what they creative.

He nods his head, "it's on the outskirts of Paris, an underground place. Like the one you were trapped in at Germany. But I promise you, it's nothing like that. What I'm going to show you... parts are going to be sad, disturbing, but I need you too see."

"See what?" I ask, walking towards him.

"See what you've done." He says in a tone I don't even know how to describe.

"Lead the way." I sly reply.

Vote-Comment-Etc

A/N- Hope this chapter makes since! I just wanted to tell you guys the backstory of what happened to Hyde and how he's good at what he does. What do you guys think Hyde did? Let me know in the comments. I also know a lot of you wanted Hyde to see Luke again and I promise it's coming, but it won't be anytime soon since it doesn't fit into the plot just yet right now. Dedicated to imindenialler