[16] Paris

I'm standing silently in Fury's office my eyes glued straight on the file that's in my hand. A mission in Paris? One that requires a partner. One that I don't get to choose. I wonder who they chose for me? It better not be Stark, I can only handle him in small doses and even then that's too much.

"Hyde." Fury voices causing me to turn around to face him.

"Nick," I whisper back, "who's my partner?"

"Right to the point." Nick says walking towards his desk.

"Right to the point." I answer wanting to know who they choose for my partner.

"Your partner should be here in a few minutes." Nick states as I hand him the file, "you'll get along great. You two have before."

I smile to myself it must be Steve. Well... this should be quick and easy mission. The door to Nicks office opens and you got to be kidding me. Well at least it's not Tony, that would be suicide.

"Hyde, Natasha better start getting warmed up to each other. You'll be in Paris for a couple of days tops." Fury speaks up. "Your plan leaves in a hour. Get packing."

"What are we doing in Paris?" Natasha strongly replies.

"You'll be playing a married couple. You'll be going after Felix Bouvier, his a scientist... one that we need to get a hold of." Nick tells causing Natasha and I to glance at one another.

"What are his crimes?" I challenge cocking my head to the side. "This man name Felix must have done something wrong, am I correct."

Fury doesn't speak a single word as he stares at Natasha and I. Why is he staying quiet? Why won't he tell us about this Felix guy? If S.H.E.I.L.D wants him he must have done something wrong? Or maybe something right.

"You two need to start packing." Nick finally reveals ignoring my questions completely.

I don't bother to ask again, I really just want to get this over with. I shake my head before following after Natasha. We continue to stroll down the hallway not saying a word to each other. I grab Natasha by the arm turning her around so she's facing me.

"Look... let's just get in and get out. If we work together to get this guy it well go by a lot quicker then by ourselves." I explain, "I know we can act like were in love. We were once."

Natasha keeps quiet for a few seconds before speaking. "I'll see you in an hour. Don't be late."

Natasha turns away and walks off. I suck in a deep breath before walking after her. This should be fun.

I carry my bag towards the plane that's privately taking us to Paris. I hand my bag to one of the guys before waiting for Natasha to show up. I see her a couple of feet away from her my eyes meeting hers. I grab her bags handing them to the guy that took my bag. I grab Natasha hand, helping her into the plane.

Natasha stares at me and from the looks of it she's smiling on the inside. As we stare at each other I can still feel that spark that we hold for each other. It's still there, everything that we had... is still there. And I don't think we'll ever get rid of it. It's something that's never going to disappear, no matter how hard we want it to, or how hard we try.

I take a seat next to the window, since this is going to be one long plane ride. I might catch some sleep, since I haven't been getting that much lately. I stare out at the scenery, just a landing strip and nothing else but grass off into the distance. I shake my head before turning my head to see Natasha sitting across from me.

"I don't bite." I cockily answer.

Natasha looks amused but doesn't say anything about or to my comment. A couple of minutes later and were taking off, I grip onto the seat as we make it into the air. I breath in and out my mind going to the crash that happened. It feels like it was a long time ago, like a decade but I know it's only been a while.

I close my eyes tightly not wanting to open them. My grip becomes stronger and for a moment I think I'm going to break both my hands and the arms of the seat. I stop breathing, not the smartest thing in the world but I finally start breathing slowly again. I feel a small hand pressed against my own, I slowly open my eyes to see Natasha sitting next to me.

"Are you okay?" Natasha whispers in a concern tone.

"Peachy," I reply back trying to hold back the panic that I can feel building inside of me.

"I just... need to get some sleep."I whisper clutching my eyes shut, "I haven't been sleeping that well."

I open my eyes closing them was a bad mistake, it just made me feel worse. I should just get some sleep, it might be the best for me at this moment. Natasha's hand is still glued to mine, I glance down at it. Should I let go? Does she want me to let go?

"Get some sleep I'll wake you up when we get to Paris." Natasha voices, letting my hand go and moving back to her seat.

I lean my head back against the leather chair, closing my eyes to try to get some sleep. After a few moments of what seems like forever everything goes black. I stir as I feel shaking, I open my eyes slowly. Natasha is leaning over me, her bright green eyes meeting my bluish green ones.

"We're here." I smile as I hear her warm smooth voice.

I glance around the small car, we're definitely not in the plane anymore. I hear a car honk causing me to look out the window to my left. To my surprise we're surrounded by tall old buildings and people walking on the sidewalks.

"Hyde," I turn to look at Natasha since she called my name, "you coming?"

"Yeah," I reply sliding over the seat to get out on her side.

As I get out of the car, Natasha and I come face to face. I smile at her, pulling her closer to me. She cocks and eyebrow up at me her eyes asking what are you doing.

"Let's get in side darling it's freezing out here." I smirk at her.

Natasha grabs my arm finally realizing what I'm doing. We are suppose to be playing a married couple after all. I grab are bags before handing them off to the door man, before he leaves to take our stuff to our hotel room I hand him a hundred dollar bill.

As Natasha and I make our way into the hotel I study everything close making sure nothing is out of place. Natasha leads me to the hotel counter where a women maybe early twenty stands there a smile plastered on her lips as she sees us come towards her.

"Hi," she whispers her blue eyes on me, "what can I help you with?"

She's American I believe since I hear no accent. This should be easy.

"A room for Hyde." I state sliding my dads credit card over to her.

"Okay you got the presidential suite for three nights." She begins, "six thousand dollars."

She takes the credit card without saying a word. I can feel Natasha glaring at me. I shrug my shoulders at her.

"Six thousand dollars for three nights." Natasha states grabbing onto my arm tightly.

"My dads paying for it." I cockily answer taking back the credit card and signing the paper she hands me.

"That's-" I cut her off.

"My wife deserves the best of the best." I whisper, leaning over to place a kiss on her forehead.

I give the lady who name is Natalie a smile before walking towards the marble elevator. I whistle as I eye the hotel it really nice. The walls are made of marble, the place is loaded with art, and the nicest furniture you can probably buy.

"Let's get ready for the party tomorrow night." I whisper to Natasha as we make our way into elevator, "We need to go over the file."

"We will," I can hear Natasha smile as she speaks, "but I want to take care of my husband first."

I blush from embarrassment, I never thought that this would happen. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

Vote-Comment-Etc

A/N- So sorry for not updating in like two weeks I've been so busy because football season started for both college and NFL and it's been crazy since that's what my family lives for haha go Oklahoma! I hope you all enjoy and I promise Felix will becoming in soon and everything going to get interesting in the next chapter or two. Dedicated to TorchwoodOfficial