[19] Corpse

I take a seat right across from my uncle. We've been home for four days, and S.H.I.E.L.D already wants him working. Natasha and I on the other hand have other plans with him. Well I have other plans for him. His eyes are locked on my every movement, he's tense.

I slide a folder over the metal table, straight towards him. He raises an eyebrow at me before looking through it. As he looks over the folder, I pull out a contract from S.H.I.E.L.D one that my father gave me when we first got back. They obviously want him in the science department.

He laughs sliding the folder back over to me while I hand him the contract. Natasha watches us from outside, her arms crossed tightly against her chest. She's wearing her usual black cat suite. She offered to talk to my uncle but I told her it was something that I wanted to do. We have unfinished business. I need to know what his plan is.

"Hyde," he whispers, "what are we doing?"

"That depends on you." I smugly reply, looking over his shoulder to see Natasha watching us. "My father gave me this contract when we first got back. He wants you to sign it. As soon as possible."

"And what if I don't want to sign it?" He ask, leaning back in his seat.

He'll have no choice. Unless he wants to die? Death may be his only option, if he doesn't sign the contract. S.H.I.E.L.D wants him as one of their own. They need him to create more super soldiers like me, like Steve.

"You know what will happen. I don't need to tell you that." I answer, leaning my body into the metal desk.

"Do I?" He questions, a sleek smile spreading across his lips. "Do you?"

I run my fingers against my colt combat commander .45. He better not push me, I'm not in the greatest mood. If I let him sign the contract a lot of people could get hurt. Innocent people. I don't want what happened to us, to happen to anybody else. Even though I can't remember what completely happened, I know what it made me.

They made me into a monster. They may have not meant it but I still killed people. I've been getting bits and pieces of what happen. Flashbacks that have kept me up, the agonizing pain that I went through rushes through my veins as sweat pours of my body. I can still feel that side of me, trying to claw it's way out of me.

"We can make a difference in the world, we can keep this place safe Hyde." Felix whispers, "This is what S.H.I.E.L.D wants, we can protect people."

"Protect people?" I laugh at his answer, "By testing on some innocent person, or people. How is that going to protect the world?"

"Isn't that what you do?" His question hits me right in the gut. Is it what I do?

I shake my head at his question. That isn't what we do. We protect people that's my job, asides from all the missions. Isn't that why the Avengers was made?

"We protect people." I viciously announce, "That's why I was created... isn't it?"

He looks down at the table. "Hyde, we created you for a weapon. We created them for weapons."

I grip the gun in my hand before standing up quickly the gun pointed straight at his head. Natasha slams her hands into the glass her voice echoing in the back of my head.

"No," I whisper like ice. "You guys wanted a monster."

I pull the trigger. My uncle head hits the table, blood pooling out of the hole in the middle of his head. "And now... you have one."

The door to the interrogation room opens, revealing Natasha. I turn my head to look at Natasha, she has a gun trained on me.

"Hyde," Natasha calls, "put the gun down."

I slowly take a step towards her my hands up in the air. I slide my gun over to her, Natasha kicks it to the side. Her gun is still trained on me.

"It didn't have to be like that Hyde." Natasha reveals her green eyes red and puff. "This could have turned out differently."

I shake my head at her answer. No this couldn't have. S.H.I.E.L.D would have created the soldiers no matter what my uncle chose. I just decide to put him out of his misery.

"Yes it did Natasha. This is what they wanted." My voice booms across the room, "This is how they wanted me to become. I've had the flashbacks, I remember everything. I remember all the pain that they inflected upon me... them.

"Hyde,"

"If you want to get me Natasha... you're going to have to kill me." I threaten, walking closer to her.

I'm surprised they haven't sent any security up. Maybe they think Natasha can handle me all on her own. I grab Natasha's gun causing it to fire a couple of shots into the window. The gun hits the floor, I kick it to the side.

Natasha socks me in the gut causing me to stumble back. I catch my balance, I grab Natasha around the neck, her back against my chest.

"Come on Natasha." I whisper in her ear, "is that all you got?"

She bites onto my forearm, I let out a grunt. She kicks me in the right knee, punching me straight in the jaw. I grab Natasha by the foot, I fall straight on top of her.

"You really want to do this Natasha? You know your going to lose." I grow, placing my hands around her neck.

I shouldn't be fighting her. I know that. But I'm willing to let it go. I won't let them hurt anymore innocent people.

"Am I?" Natasha challenges raising an eyebrow up at me.

Before I know it, Natasha sticks a needle into my neck. I let go of her neck, my head starts to spin. My breath begins to slow down along with my heart rate. After a couple of what feels like a anxiety attack, I black out.

Vote-Comment-Etc

A/N- A short chapter forgive me. Let's count how many times I put S.H.I.E.L.D into this lol. A very dramatic chapter if you ask me but I feel like this is what it needed. What do you all think is going to happen next? Let me know in the comments. Again thank you all for the love and the support it truly means the world to me.