CHAPTER-1

Do vote and Comment

Reena went with her father, and as soon as they settled in the car, the haughty words of Priya flashed across her mind.

 Her father, her hero being mistreated flashed through her mind. 

She turned and looked at her father who had a stern face, she rested her head on his shoulder and said, "I am sorry Papa." 

Rajendra Desai softened a bit and said, "It's okay dear, it happens." 

"Papa, I want to come back with you to London. I am done here." Said Reena in a determined tone.

 "But Bache..." started Rajendra Desai. But Reena shook her head firmly and said, "I can't be with a person who can't man up for my sake." Rajendra Desai patted Reena's head.

Back in Bariya mansion,

Rocky stood near the gate with tears of anger in his eyes, he felt someone touching his shoulder, it was Reya.

 He looked at her for a moment and marched inside.

 Priya checked her phone and Ram and Indrajit sat there worriedly. "Ma, why did you behave like that?" asked Rocky furiously.

 Priya looked at him and said, "Beta, he disrespected the traditions, customs and more importantly me. Then do you expect me to feed them sweets and welcome them into our prestigious family?" 

"Ma, but you only started it, and..." said Rocky but he was cut by Priya.

 "Ladoo, I never expected a day like this would come, you are questioning me, your mother." Said Priya with tears running down her cheeks.

 "I chose the best for you, from your clothes to your education and everything. So, when it comes to your wife, the daughter-in-law of this house, the girl who will carry our legacy forward must be the best. I have seen many cases, in our ladies' club where daughters-in-law separate the sons from their mothers or create conflicts in the family. So, I want a girl who is rich and docile. I want my family to be together always, I want my son to be with me always." Finished Priya and sat down on the couch with tears.

 Reya got her some water and Rocky also went near them and knelt and said, "Ma, I understand you well. But I can promise that Reena would not even dream of ripping us apart. She is kind at heart and mature. Please give her a chance, I cannot even imagine another girl in my life." Sobbed Rocky burying his face in her lap. 

Priya touched his head and caressed his hair. "Let us not talk about this now, we both are emotional, and decisions made during these times may go wrong. Go and rest well." Said Priya.

Reena vacated her hostel and came down with her luggage, she returned the keys to the warden and the maids loaded her luggage into the car. 

Rajendra Desai looked at his daughter worriedly as her face lost the charm and smile. They returned to the hotel where Rajendra Desai was staying, Reena sent a mail to Rocky's office refusing the offer and she checked the air tickets for their travel.

The next morning,

Reena and Rajendra Desai checked out of the hotel and went to the airport early in the morning.

Reya got a call from the HR department about Reena's refusal of the offer. 

She immediately called Sanam, Reena's hostel mate, and checked about Reena's whereabouts. 

Sanam told Reya that Reena vacated her room the previous evening and she was leaving with her father to London. 

Reya rushed to Rocky and poured out the story.

 Rocky rushed to the airport, but he could not meet Reena or Rajendra Desai as they had already boarded the flight.

 He returned home dejected and heartbroken. Reya ran to him as soon as she saw him near the door, his face gave her the answer.

A week went by,

Reena did not reply to Rocky's calls or messages, she joined her father's business and became busy with that, but whenever she saw a couple in her hotel, she felt a pang of sadness in a corner of her heart. 

On the other hand, Rocky started to lose himself, he was not the same. 

He tried to divert his attention towards his work but he failed miserably.

 Things became too hard for him, as his mind did not coordinate with his body. 

He tried his level best to reach out to Reena but he could not he knew what his mother did was wrong, but could not she think of him for a moment. 

His time in Office was bad, The Bariya group of Companies lost an important deal as Rocky could not give his best to crack the deal.

 Ram was furious with him as the value of the Company dipped by ten rupees due to this.

 Rocky left the office in anger, anger on his father, anger on his competitors, anger on his mother, anger on himself, he drove home rashly. 

No one was there so he went to his room destroying things on his way. 

He kicked the door of his room open and threw his laptop case on the mirror shattering it into pieces, he punched and tore the cushions, broke the photo frames, and screamed in frustration. 

He ran his fingers through his hair and screamed in mental pain.

 He knelt crying, trying to find a solution for his pain.

 Suddenly, a half-opened paper bag caught his attention he slowly went near it and took out the contents of it, it was his Shona's stole, he brought his face close to it, and he could feel her scent in it. 

He picked up a pair of earrings and placed it against his cheeks. 

She left this bag in his car weeks back and he forgot to return them. 

He felt an unknown peace and he held her stuff close to him, he felt a soft breeze from the balcony caressing him. 

He opened his eyes knowing what to do, he picked up all her things and went to his wardrobe area and pulled out his suitcase and packed his clothes and passport. 

He showered and changed, he came down with his bags and found his parents and sister in the living room looking serious. 

"I know I made things difficult; I will soon set things right. For that I need my Shona by my side, I am going to bring her back. 

Ma, I promise that my Shona will never rip this family apart." Said Rocky and walked out of the house.