CHAPTER-6

Do Vote and Comment

The snow was cleared and the Desai household resumed its routine. 

For the next three days, Rocky stayed in Reena's room. 

Reena had to clean her room and her bathroom as she did not allow any house help into her room.

 She worked from home as she could not take the risk of leaving Rocky alone in the room.

 She brought him breakfast and lunch to the room after her father left to work and the house help do the laundry or any work. 

And she heats dinner after everyone goes to bed. 

Rocky pleads with Reena to come back to him, but she does not answer his pleadings.

 On the fourth morning, Reena opened her eyes and found Rocky sleeping like a child holding her waist.

 She caressed his cheek for a minute. 

She felt something coming up her throat and she ran to the washroom covering her mouth.

 She threw up into the toilet seat, she felt someone pulling her hair and rubbing her back.

 She turned around and found Rocky looking at her with concern.

 She walked to the washbasin and gargled. 

Rocky continued to look at her.

 "Shona, are you okay?" he asked. 

"Yes, I am. Can't you see?" snapped Reena as she wiped her face with a soft towel. 

"Okay then." Said Rocky as he proceeded to brush.

 Reena got dressed up and went down to find Rajendra Desai waiting for her at the dining table. 

"Good morning, Papa." Said Reena and kissed his cheek.

 She settled down and the house help served breakfast.

Reena made a face she found blueberry jam on the table. 

"Mrs. Cockles, can you please bring some strawberry jam for my toast?" asked Reena shocking Rajendra Desai and Mrs. Cockles as they knew Reena detested strawberry and loved blueberry. 

"Ah... Mam, I am sorry we don't have any strawberry jam; I'll buy some today." Said Mrs. Cockles.

 "Okay, said Reena as she began eating her toast. 

Rajendra Desai looked at Reena as if she grew another head as she munched his hard-boiled eggs, he knew that she never ate eggs for breakfast.

 "Reena Bache, are you coming with me to the office?" asked Rajendra Desai as they finished breakfast. 

"No, Papa I mean I will come after a few days. I do not feel very well." Said Reena. 

"Okay." Said Rajendra Desai and stood up. 

"And Bache, I am getting calls from the Secretary of the Duke regarding a formal meeting, I am delaying the talks. Please Beti think well and give me a positive answer." Continued Rajendra Desai and left to work. 

Reena sat in the dining area until Mrs. Cockles left for grocery shopping. 

She went up and called Rocky to have breakfast. 

Rocky toasted the bread while Reena cooked some scrambled eggs, as she was sauteing the contents on the pan, the smell made her feel like throwing up. 

Rocky turned the toaster off and held Reena's hair as she threw up. 

Rocky wiped her face with a kitchen towel and cupped her face. 

"Baby, you look a bit pale. Are you okay?" asked Rocky quite concerned. 

 "No, I am fine." Said Reena. 

They both came back to Reena's room and Rocky began checking the newsfeed. 

A notification popped on his phone; it was from an app he used to track his Shona's monthly cycle. 

He looked at Reena, who was sitting on the bed with a pale face, "maybe she is in her period that's why she is unwell" he thought to himself. 

He went near her cupped her face and asked, "How the pain Shona? Shall I massage your lower back?" Reena looked at him confused and said, "I am not having my periods."

 "But baby, you must have had by now." Said Rocky. 

That struck Reena hard.

 She checked her cycle tracker on her smartwatch.

 She was supposed to have her period. 

Rocky looked at her and understood the gravity of the situation.

 "Shona, whatever it is we are together in this, okay?" said Rocky as she took her lips for a kiss.

 They broke the kiss as they went breathless. 

"I am going to buy some testing kits; you be in my room and don't open the door." Said Reena as she stormed out of the house grabbing her car keys.

Rocky and Reena were looking at the fifth testing strip, two pink lines appeared again.

 Reena closed her eyes as she saw the lines.

 "These results are not accurate." Said Reena finally.

 "Then let's go to the hospital and get it confirmed." Said Rocky.

 "Maybe let's go tomorrow." Said Reena standing up. 

Rocky looked at her as she walked out of the bathroom. 

He threw the kits away and found Reena sitting on the bed hugging her teddy. 

He heard her whimpering and put an arm around her. 

Reena jerked his arm off and said, "I need privacy." 

"Shall I step out of the room?" asked Rocky. 

Reena glared at him for a minute went inside the bathroom and locked the door. 

He sat on the floor with his ear pressed on the door, he knew that she was crying.

 She came out after an hour. Her eyes were quite swollen and her nose was a bit pink.

That night, after everyone retired to their beds, Roeena were in the kitchen. 

Rocky was eating his dinner and Reena was sucking a lemon wedge. 

"Shona, please let me talk to your father." Said Rocky.

 "No, please." Said Reena as she sucked her lemon wedge.

 "Shona, let me..." started Rocky but they both heard a loud voice, which startled them. "What is he doing here?" asked Rajendra Desai.