CH.1. - WARM SMILE IN A COLD WORLD

Although Ninjago City was a wealthy and beautiful please, full of opulence and happiness, it wasn't possible to deny that it was also one of the most corrupted places in the entire Ninjago

Homeless people and thieves were lurking in the streets all the time. Although there were rarely times were a thief and homeless person were one and same, both of those were looking at different stores and even random people with jealousy, malice, and a clearly bad intention.

Obviously, people, especially the ones in the Ninjago City Council, would like this to change. However, Yoichii knew that just like the cracks in the building behind him, those problems weren't going to disappear in a fast period of time. If they were, he wouldn't be sitting in a cardboard anymore.

He scratched his cheek, as the river was passing him. When he was still in school, he was honestly wondering if the cardboard on the under-bridge street was better than the apartament with his roommate, and to be fair, it wasn't as bad.

Just more cold.

And more lonely.

...Still less smelly, though.

The sound of approaching footsteps took him out of his thoughts. The maroon eyes light up at the sight of the person coming up to him.

"Good mornin', [y/n]." he smiled to the young woman, who sat next to him. She put a plastic bag with two packs of meal from Chen's Noodle House on her lap.

"Good morning." she responded, giving him his portion. The man licked his lips, as he ripped off the paper from the wooden chopsticks.

"Thanks, as always." he beamed, as he opened the pack with food. The scent of rice, chicken, gyoza dumplings and nigiri sushi appeared in the air, followed by the sound of snapping the wood.

"You taught me how to use different weapons." she calmly responded, taking a bite of her own food. "For now, since my parents wouldn't let you to our apartment, that's the best way I can help you."

"I had to." Yoiichi shrugged. "You're a young, pretty girl. Ya should know by now what types are out there." he placed a part of the chicken in his mouth. He swallowed, and spoke up again. "I had to make sure you'll give 'em hell, so they won't think 'bout doing anythin' like that again."

Because, Yoiichi is a gentleman. His mother has taught him to treat others with respect, ladies especially. And so, when half of a year ago he saw a young girl getting ambushed by a bunch of creepy looking guys, he was quick to pull what they call 'a pro gamer move'.

Or a slamming their ribs with a metal pipe.

Ever since then, [y/n] has been buying him food, and trying to find him a warmer places to stay at. On top of that, after hearing her parents wouldn't let 'a homeless, suspicious guy' in their house, she made it her goal to find an apartament big enough to let both of them live in.