CH.10. - GETTING BETTER

"And then they called you a milf!" [y/n] huffed, packing up her clothes

"And then they called you a milf!" [y/n] huffed, packing up her clothes. Amane snorted, closing her own suitcase.

"Again?" she asked, disbelieving. "I thought people were done with that after you graduated from highschool."

"I know, right?" her daughter sighed. "Though, I kinda envy them. They got so comfortable around me, even though we met a few days ago. How are they making friends so quickly?" her mother put a finger to her chin, humming.

"Oh, I remember talking to one of their neighbors after the show!" she told her daughter in a tone as if she made a very interesting discovery. "He said that she has an Asperger's syndrome, so them may not understand other's feeling that much and can say things that are inappropriate to people around, but not themselves." [y/n] made an 'ooooohhh...' at the new information. "I also heard that they have a few problems with their speech."

"Well, that explains it." [y/n] zipped her backpack. "They're still cool though. I think I'll visit them soon."

"I hope so." Amane nodded as she laid down on the motel's bed. "They gave me and every other participant a coupon for cheaper ice cream, so I think they might be a good influence on you."

"I'm still not forgiving them for calling you a milf though."

"PFFF-"

Their 'trip' to the Talent Show was done. They spend three days in the village nearby and on the fourth, they had a train back to Ninjago City. In the end, Amane didn't win, but she was still happy she got to participate. [y/n], on the other hand, made two new friends.

One tried to kill her and the second was a local weirdo, but they were both pretty cool.

( 🤍 ❜ ˎˊ˗ )

Haven loved their little ice cream shop. It was cute, vintage and full of neons. But most importantly, it was the last place where they and Andy met up.

Andy was a close friend of Haven and the previous owner of the Nifty Fifties. Five years after opening the shop, he invited Haven to work with him.

For the next three years, they were working together - they were creating new ice cream flavors together, they were serving customers together. Hell, they were even cleaning up the mess together!

Ever since Haven came out as non-binary, Andy was there for them. He was the one who helped them get away from their awful relatives, he was the one who was assuring them that even though they have autism they're completely normal.

Haven could still remember their friend - kind, brave, always smiling. On the other hand, he was also pretty awkward, but when he was close with someone, he was instantly getting protective of them. He surely could throw a punch, and his rage was terrifying.

Besides that, they could also remember many other details about him.

How athletic he was.

How we wanted to be friends with everyone.