CH.19. - CELEBRITY CRUSH

I'm half convinced to delete the original story since the rewrite already has all the chapters published. You'd rather it stay up or to just have the rewrite?

 You'd rather it stay up or to just have the rewrite?

Another day - another hellish training for Lloyd. He got lucky,because [y/n]'s workplace had to prepare themselves for the interviews with citizens during the upcoming festival. She was additionally stressed as she was to make sure the meeting with the festival's mascot - the Gifting Goat - would go on without a hitch.

Though, that still didn't chang how tired the poor boy was after the training. He slid on the floor, panting, while she went to the kitchen to get him some water. When she walked back into the room, he was already reaching for the TV pilot. Unfortunately, his aching body betrayed him, making him drop his hand in defeat. [y/n] snorted, sneaking the glass into his palm. He gripped onto it with a groan and emptied it almost immediately.

"Thanks..." he muttered, slowly sitting up and leaning his back on the couch behind him. "You're way too strong..." he complained quietly. "Why didn't you take over the world yet? You could do it easily."

"I'd be too lazy to actually rule it." she replied, shrugging. "In the end, people wouldn't even notice that someone else is in power." she walked up to the TV and took the pilot, handing it to Lloyd. "The console is on the table, if you hadn't noticed." she then turned on her heel, walking back into the kitchen. "It's lunch time already. Do you want anything particular?" a sound similar to a dying seagull was heard from the living room. She laughed quietly, opening the fridge just to find just a few pieces of ham inside.

'Eh?' she mumbled in her head. 'Is no one here making any grocery shopping?'

'They're too broke for them.' Kyubey's voice echoed in her head, snickering. 'You're the only hero that gets paid by the government so far, since they only saw your work. Also, while we're at it, I just finished using my powers to secure your bank account. No matter how hard someone will try to hack it, whether it'd be to steal the money or to find out your identity, they won't be able to.' she was just about to respond, but Lloyd interrupted her.

"Uh, [y/n]? Can you come here, please?" he asked, nervous and worried. [y/n] immediately became alarmed by the sound of his voice. She walked back into the living room, clearly confused. The boy only pointed at the TV. Before she could even look in that direction, her coworker's voice got to her ears.

"Currently, we are standing infront of the Ninjago City Bank." Fred's face was visible on the screen. "Just a few minutes ago, inside was a robbery committed by the Serpentine. About twelve thousand dollars in cash were stolen before the culprits escaped to the subway through a tunnel in the floor." [y/n] tuned out the rest of his speech as she let out a short scream of disbelief.

"Dang it all!" she threw her hands up, running back to the kitchen and opening the window there. "Lloyd, will you be fine if I'll leave you for a moment?"

"Yeah, sure!" he yelled back.

"I'm also going to buy some things to eat on the way back, so no snacks! I know you have that stash of sweets, I'll check it when I'm back!" he yelled out a quick 'thanks', but she didn't hear it through the noise of her transformation. She jumped out of the window, bounced herself from one of the strings with laundry, and begun her way to the subway.