CH.20. - THE GREATEST SENSATIONS!

[y/n] chewed on her snacks as she walked with Gayle around the booths near Jamanakai village

[y/n] chewed on her snacks as she walked with Gayle around the booths near Jamanakai village. People were already preparing for the Festival Day, putting up decorations and stalls with food. Gayle was clearly excited, dragging the other woman around.

"Oh, this one might be a good spot!" she said, pointing at the booth with traditional snacks. "It's close to the stage and the shop with decorations, do you think you'll be able to get it all?"

"I think so, but we might need Vinny to come over, too, so we get it everything." [y/n] replied, looking around. Jamanakai village was a very small, but beautiful place. It was famous for organizing the best performances during the Festival Day. This year, [y/n] and Gayle were in charge of recording a relation about it, as well as interviewing the Gifting Goat mascot. And boy, was Gayle taking it seriously...

"No way! That traitor is working with Fred, he's not even available!" she crossed she arms, offended that [y/n] would even suggest it. The [h/c] haired girl sighed, but nodded.

"Fine, fine... Okay, we have two days, right? Maybe we'll find someone else to help with recording... Ah, but since there'll be so much to do, we'd probably have to split up at some point... I can figure out how to set up the cameras for myself, but will you be fine?" she asked, starting to lay out all the options the problems. "I think you should at least try asking Vinny, he'll be done helping Fred by the afternoon. Just be nice and maybe he'll agree to help us at evening."

"Th-That's... You-!" Gayle spluttered, trying to protest, but eventually caved in. "Ugh, fine! But just for the recording!" [y/n] chuckled, amused by Gayle's angry mumbling as the brown haired woman started to look over the stalls.

[y/n], too, was quite stressed about her job, even if she was hiding it better. After all, the Serpentine were still on the loose, Garmadon apparently had all the ninja's weapons and she had a few people she wanted to visit during the Festival Day. Not to mention she was still scheduled to go and take care of Lloyd for a few hours... And all while the bad guys were out there, plotting something.

"Oh, by the way, I'll be busy for the next three days after work." Gayle turned to face [y/n] so quick that she could almost hear a crack.

"And you're telling me this just now?!" Gayle blurted out, stressed out again. "I need to talk about the details of your interview with you!"

"Hey, calm down!" [y/n] gently out her hands on Gayle's shoulders. "You can still text me. I'm babysitting someone, so worst case scenario, I'll take him on a meeting with you to some cafe and let him play games on my phone." this seemed to have eased the other woman a bit.

"Ugh... Fine, fine! But if it's a fail, you're ending up in the snow!" she warned. [y/n] nodded, joining her in looking around the stalls that were being set up.

( 🤍 ❜ ˎˊ˗ )

By the time it was [y/n]'s second visit, it was a much smaller and humble apartment rather than the luxurious suit from before. She was confused by the change, but eventually just thought they changed the address so the bad guys wouldn't find them so easily next time. But, after she knocked on the door... She just became more confused.