CH.18. - APPRECIATION

"21st and Union

"21st and Union..." [y/n] muttered quietly, while Acidicus waited next to her. Her eyes were closed as she wore a focused expression on her face. "I'm pretty sure it's either three streets away or three bus rides to the other side of the city away." the Venomari deadpanned, making her shrug. "What? I'm not a map, okay? I can walk you there if you want, so in case it was necessary to take the bus I can help you pick which one."

"And how exactly is that going to happen?" he asked in disbelief. "The second anyone will see me, mass panic is going to break out." once again, she turned on the gears in her head, trying to find some way to prevent that.

Finally, a lightbulb glowed above her head, her eyes wandering to a dark alley. There, on the ground, were laying a few very conveniently placed paint sprays and some old banner on a worn out baseball bat.

Without hesitation, she ignored Acidicus' confusion and ran up to it. She quickly took the banner and the nearest spray, before using it to cover up the previous message. She then took another one and painted a different piece of information on it. When she noticed him trying to peek at what she's doing, she turned to him with a bright grin.

"Ta-da!" she called out, holding the banner above her head. Once again, he deadpanned, finally seeing the blue caption on yellow background. 'Please don't panic! We're an amateur theater group, it's just a costume!'. The fact that the spray didn't have the time to dry up wasn't helping.

"Please tell me you're just joking." he mumbled, looking at her as if she was nothing more than an insect. She raised her eyebrow.

"Hm. I see you don't need my help then." she turned on her heel, about to walk off, but he immediately stopped her.

"Okay, fine, let's go." he sighed, feeling the stupidity of this whole 'plan' go straight for his pride. [y/n] beamed, taking the lead.

When they walked in the street, there weren't many people outside, mostly because it was getting dark already. However, when someone did saw them, their faces were morphing from fear to understanding, and then they just ignored them. Acidicus was beyond those people's low intelligence.

But, he was even more beyond why the girl beside him would help him. They talked about two times, during one of them he was trying to prevent her from escaping the prison and during the second they nearly killed each other. However, he wasn't sure how he could ask about it. 'Hey, I was just wondering, why are you helping a criminal that almost destroyed the entire Ninjago?'. Yeah, no. She might as well suffer from brain damage and doesn't recognize him, so in that case, saying something like that would make her call the cops or beat him up without a doubt.

Suddenly, she stopped, her eyes sparkling. Acidicus followed her gaze and titled his head upon noticing a stall with a single man standing behind it. A banner above was showing only one word in a funky font - 'Soba'.

"Uh, hey..." [y/n] fiddled with her fingers, smiling awkwardly at the Serpent. "I know you're in hurry and all, but do you think we could grab a soba before?" she sweat dropped at his visible lack of reaction. "Right, I get it, let's go-"