CH.8. - SETTLING DOWN

I just realized I have a habit of describing every single room in this book with many unnecessary details, so feel free to completely skip past those things. I know, it's annoying, but oh well

A young woman was anxiously looking at a huge, white building in the center of Ninjago City

A young woman was anxiously looking at a huge, white building in the center of Ninjago City. On it's shining walls was gleaming the reflection of the sun that was preparing to set. Her [e/c] eyes were filled with anxiety, with her hands gripping tightly on her pants.

She took a deep breath in, knowing that she had no way to escape it. She slowly walked up the steps and into the building. Even though she was inside now, she could still clearly see the sunset due to the glass which was replacing a part of the celling (one that wasn't a floor for the apartments above).

[y/n] looked down at her clothes - a pink shirt with sunflowers, a transparent belt with metal heart, blue, slightly loose jeans with a lot of paintings on them, and shoes with butterfly wings on them as a decoration. Needles to say, while being surrounded by such clean and organized place, she felt at the very least out of place. She could feel her anxiety bubble up in her stomach, and the fact she didn't eat anything in the past five hours was like adding fuel to the flames.

The building was extremely advanced, prepared especially for people with children. The ground floor was basically a courtyard - a paved path with various flowers was visible as soon as she entered. There were many chalk drawings on it, which, due to the lack of contact with the weather conditions, disappeared either by everyone walking on them or by those responsible for removing them once a month so that new creations could appear.

The path was contrasting with the white floor that was leading to two types of stairs - the moving ones, that would bring her to the other floor, and the normal ones, leading to the apartments. Or, rather to the corridors where the doors to apartments were.

She noticed that each apartment had a huge window in one of the rooms - some of them were kitchens, some were living rooms, and some she couldn't tell, because they were hidden behind long curtains. They were probably there so that people could watch their children playing below them.

She took a quick notice of there being an exit of the slide near the moving stairs, probably so the kids, or immature adults like herself, could get down quickly. Near the slide was also an elevator. And in the air near her shoulder, was a hand of a stranger, which soon got placed on her and held her shoulder in a firm grip.

[y/n] flinched, turning around quickly. Behind her was a woman with dark skin, short green hair and dark eyes. She was wearing a white formal dress with a black belt. She eyed the other girl without any emotion on her face.

"Who are you?" she finally asked, letting go of other's shoulder. "You don't live here. Are you visiting anyone?"

"Um, why do you need to know that?" the [h/c] haired girl replied, as her worst nightmare - social interaction - was just within her reach.