CH.14. - STUMBLING

As [y/n] and the ninja team were running through the cold streets of Ninjago City, she could feel nothing but relief that Yoiichi wasn't homeless anymore

As [y/n] and the ninja team were running through the cold streets of Ninjago City, she could feel nothing but relief that Yoiichi wasn't homeless anymore. Now that the Serpentine were there pretty often, and the nights were getting colder with each minute, she couldn't imagine letting him stay outside.

She snapped out of her thoughts as they were finally able to stop an escaping Venomari. For some reason, they've been walking around the streets of Ninjago City, which [y/n] decided to patrol whenever the ninja didn't need her. Upon catching up to them, they were pushed to the floor. The Serpent whimpered as five weapons were held to their neck.

"Thought you could joyride through town and not be noticed, eh?" Jay mocked, smirking under his mask. "Where's the last Fangblade?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." they nervously assured, trying to look confused. [y/n] was clearly disappointed by their awful excuse.

"You know what it is." Kai begun to lose his patience. "The fourth Fangblade. When Pythor finds them all, he plans to unleash the Great Devourer."

"Oh, that Fangblade." they suddenly laughed, unimpressed with his angry tone. "You're too late. Pythor's already there now. He's probably already digging it up. If I were you, I'd start preparing for the worst, because when the Great Devourer is awakened, there will be nothing it won't consume!" they ended dramatically, while [y/n] and Zane exchanged looks of confusion.

"Won't that mean it'll consume you too?" he asked carefully, as if he was a therapist talking to his patient in asylum. They took a moment to absorb this knowledge before freaking out.

"Ah! Please, you have to stop him!" they begged histericaly. "That snake is crazy! I don't wanna unleash the Great Devourer! I'm a snake, not food!"

"Is it really too late to stop Pythor from getting the last Fangblade?" Kai asked, disbelieving.

"You're days behind him. There's gotta be something else you can do!" the Serpent looked at them, almost hopefully, as the boys looked at each other.

"Maybe there is." [y/n] stated, making everyone's heads snap towards her. She calmly crouched next to the Serpent, unbothered. She smiled at them politely. "Before we start talking, can I get your name and pronouns? I don't want to misgender you or anything."

"What?!" Kai yelled from behind her, to which she so kindly and very much showing how mature she is, flipped him off. They still didn't reach common ground, unfortunately...

"Uh, I'm Spitta, and, uh,  I guess, he/him?" he awkwardly said, making her smile wider.

"Alright Spitta, could you tell me where you all keep the Fangblades?" she asked. "Pythor's not stupid, so- Sorry, what are their pronounces again?"

"He/him."

"Thank you! He's not stupid, so he probably doesn't have them all with him. Could you tell me where your hideout is and who exactly is protecting those Fangblades? Also, I trust no one except for us will hear about us trying to steal them."