CH.11. - ALLIANCE

[y/n] didn't think much when she went to help Haven out

[y/n] didn't think much when she went to help Haven out. She told her mom that she was going to go on the next train and went to the shop, sure that she'll be home soon.

And yet, here she was. In Lou Brookstone's house, sipping on her milkshake while the ninja team members were looking at her as if they waited for something to happen. She couldn't help but frown a bit at the thought that they're treating her like a circus animal. The calm, jazz music was working perfectly on her strangled nerves, while knowing that the father of the black ninja was just behind the wall was giving her more confidence.

"...So?" she raised her head with curiosity in her eyes as the voice of the Fire Elemental got to her.

"So what?" she asked back, and in that moment, Kai snapped so hard that she could practically hear the crack going through the room. In the spawn of seconds, he was being held back by Cole and Zane, Jay was standing there, not knowing what to do and [y/n] continued to sip on the milkshake, unbothered.

"'So what'!?" he repeated, angry. "If you were in town, why weren't you helping with the Serpentine at the Talent Show!?" she placed down the cup, took a breath in and out and spoke up.

"First of all, the Venomari general tried to steal the Fangblade. I stopped him from doing that and returned it to the trophy just before it was given to you. If you lost it to the Serpentine after you won it, then it's your own fault." her voice was piercing through them as they realized that she was right.

"Second of all, unlike you, I have other things to do. I have this little thing called 'private life'." she raised a hand infront of her, stopping them from talking. "I know, it's shocking, yes, that thing really exists." suddenly, her face turned completely cold and annoyed, same with her voice.

"Lastly, weren't you the one who told me that I'm just a single girl who can't even pick up a child and that you could take me on in a battle? You stated that I'm not able to fight and you have the audacity to demand my help?" her eye twitched as she smirked slightly.

"If you want my help, get down on your knees, apologize and beg."

The red ninja was about to get in her face once more, but Zane's voice stopped him.

" I know Kai's behaviour was unacceptable," he stated, wearing a regretful look on his face. "but that sounds like a bit too much. You definetly deserve an apology, that's true, but humiliating him probably won't change anything." she rolled her eyes, taking another sip of her milkshake.

"Is that all?" she asked. "Or do you want anything else?"

"Actually," Cole scratched his head. "we'd like to ask- offer you something." [y/n] tilted her head.

"Well?" she encouraged. "I'm all ears."

"We'd like to form an alliance." he told her quickly. She blinked, not believing what she heard.