CH.13. - A CHILD-

In short time, they've reached their destination

In short time, they've reached their destination. They all got ready to head inside the volcano, but... [y/n] and Garmadon had a small problem.

"Come on, why can't I go?" Lloyd whined to them, clearly set on complaining. "I wanna show them for kidnapping me last time!"

"Maybe another time." [y/n] tried to reason with him. "It's too dangerous."

"You could get hurt in there." his father scolded sternly. "I'm not letting you." the boy puffed and crossed his arms in a protest. The girl sighed, but decided to not say anything else, as Nya started talking.

"The volcano seems to be on the verge of eruption, guys." she informed. "All recent indicators tell me that this place is becoming increasingly fragile. Even the smallest rupture can make the whole thing go off."

"Then we must not use our weapons." Wu stated, as everyone put away their weapons and [y/n] promised to be careful with her magic. There was one person left, though.

"Kai." Nya warned, a threat hidden in her voice at her brother's hesitance.

"Yeah, yeah." at last, he cooperated with hesitation, putting the weapon away. "No Fire Sword. But only because I wouldn't want anything to prevent us from getting that Fangblade." everyone rolled their eyes, heading inside. Her ears twitched almost instantly, picking up the noise of digging and various conversations.

"There!" she whisper-yelled, pointing at the direction they were coming from. "The Serpentine must be inside the inner core!"

"I see." Wu muttered, before turning to the rest of the team. "From here on out, we travel by shadows."

"It's the only way I know how." Garmadon muttered, and they all ran towards the noise. Soon enough, they stopped right above their enemies. They begun to climb down, when a cling of metal got their attention.

"Out of my way, fool!" Pythor yelled, shoving one of his soldiers out of the way. He soon pulled out of the earth a shining, silver dagger. "The third Fangblade is ours!" he announced with a smirk. The Serpentine erupted in cheering, not noticing the ninja in their victorious state.

However, that didn't took long, as he soon noticed movement in the reflection of the silver weapon. Though, what he said wasn't expected at all.

"Lloyd?" he called out in astonishment, turning around. Only then he spotted the group of heroes (ft. Lord Garmadon), who looked at the entrance, where the small boy was standing.

"Guys!" he yelled to them, knowing fully that their cover is completely blown by now anyway. "Nya said that I can go and help you!" he announced happily, but it was interrupted by the falcon.

"It was sarcasm!" Nya's voice got to them from the speakers of the machine. Lloyd pouted at that, not noticing the atmosphere of the two groups below.

"Lloyd, WHAT THE FU-" Garmadon elbowed [y/n] in the ribs, preventing her from cursing. Right after, they all rushed at the Serpentine, who tried to quietly make their escape with the Fangblade.