CH.17. - BABYSITTER

"

"...What in the world am I doing here?" [y/n] muttered, staring at the collosal building with a nervous face. She was gripping on her pink skirt, her ears twitching at the honking of a car somewhere on the street behind her. Finally, after a few more seconds, she exhaled and entered the building.

The first thing she noticed was the red carpet on the white floor, which was leading into different hallways of the Ninjago City White House. The second were the walls - minimalistic and expressionistic paintings were covering them, allowing the reception to be filled with at least a bit more than huge windows, which reaching from the celling to floor. Finally, the las thing was the fancy desk with angel-like figures carved into it. Behind the desk, a receptionist with dark brown hair and grey eyes was doing something on her phone.

[y/n] anxiously came up to the desk, wondering what to say. The receptionist hummed, acknowledging her existence, but not bothering to look up.

"Um, I have a meeting with the mayor in..." she quickly checked the clock behind her. "Two minutes." the receptionist finally looked up at her, only to drop her phone. Her jaw went along with it, both hitting the floor.

"O-Oh, of course!" she called out, grabbing the phone from the ground. When she stood up, she was wearing an excited and nervous smile. "I'll show you the way, alright ma'am?" [y/n] simply nodded, overwhelmed by the pressure of meeting the most important person in Ninjago City. "Also, I'm Viviana Hawk, it's lovely to meet you!" she added, leading the Magical Girl to her boss's office.

"I'm Sakura."

"A code name?"

"Yeah, pretty much..."

"Don't worry! Boss is super laid back! I'm sure they won't make you tell them your real name or anything like that!"

That surprisingly didn't make her any less tense. She continued to follow the other girl anyway, not having much of a choice. The mayor invited her over to talk about something, so turning that down would be as dumb as Kai.

Finally, the two stopped infront of dark wooden door. Viviana knocked on them with enthusiasm, before silence seemed to fill the entire building. Finally, a short 'come in' was heard from behind them. The brown haired lady opened them and motioned for [y/n] to go first. She gripped her skirt slightly, but walked in nonetheless. The door soon closed, leaving only her and the mayor inside.

The room was pretty big - at least big enough to have an aquarium with a lion's mane jellyfish as a replacement for an entire wall. On the other side were just more paintings and a monkey clock. Infront of her was a desk made from dark wood, filled with engraved pictures. On the desk was a set of pens, a laptop, some cute plants and a little plate in golden color. On it, she could read 'Masha Addison, They/Them'.

Behind the desk was sitting a person in their mid forties with short, curly white hair and red piercing eyes. Their skin was a carmel shade, working nicely with the bright red lipstick and black eye shadow. They were wearing a dark red suit and a kind smile.