CH.4. - [Y/N] GETS A CHILD

[y/n] was finally going back from her work, tired and fed up with her coworkers' bullshit

[y/n] was finally going back from her work, tired and fed up with her coworkers' bullshit. In fact, she was so tired that she never changed from her uniform. Even her glasses were still on! At least she managed to get Gayle to lend her a hairband, so now her hair were tied in a bun rather than all flopping all over the place.

She sighed, exiting the cafe where she bought her lunch. Kyubey was resting on her head, playing with her bun from time to time as a poor attempt to cheer her up. Honestly, she wouldn't like anything else but a simple rest.

'The Serpentine are nearby.' but the universe visibly wanted her to suffer. She groaned in exhaustion, but followed the next directions that Kyubey gave her, hiding the paper bag in her pocket.

Soon, she was tilting her head at the sight of a human child dressed up like a Serpentine walking into an alley. She walked shortly behind him, before her eyes widened upon noticing a huge, green bus that was filled with the Serpentine.

The child was about to go inside, but was stopped by someone. She used it as her chance to crawl under the bus, and climb on it's under tray. Of course, being the crafty and quirky one, she was able to somehow tie her skirt to both of her calves, so that it wouldn't get ripped on the road.

'Do you know how much you screwed up right now?' Kyubey asked as the door closed behind the child.

'What do you-' as the bus started driving, she realized her mistake. Although she couldn't transform ealier due to her not being exactly hidden in the alley, which could cause people to see her real identity, she now couldn't transform at all, because the strong light would definetly catch the attention of the driver.

In other words, she couldn't transform, because if she did so, she wouldn't be able to find out what the Serpentine's plan was.

Two hundred IQ play [y/n], you're truly a genius.

She sighed, that it didn't matter now. She just had to hold onto this bus until it'd arrive at their destination, then wait a bit, and then take care of her hero work. It wouldn't take that long, right?

( 🤍 ❜ ˎˊ˗ )

When they finally arrived, [y/n] was practically dying. For the past five hours, she was clinging for her dear life to the under tray of the bus, somehow not falling off of it - Yoiichi trained her arm-strength well. Still, her hands were in pain, and the fact she was very tired wasn't helping at all.

Besides, the coolness of the night was making it very hard for her to not fall asleep. The only thing stopping her from it was the fact that the human child on the bus could be in danger.

Well, that and Kyubey who was poking her from time to time.

However, she fully came back to her senses once she took a notice of something. She didn't know in what shape it was exactly, but she was sure those were some buildings. Her ears were suddenly filled with cheering of the Serpentine, first coming from the forward of the bus, then from it's right. The driver turned the bus.