Chapter 10

Sarah

"Are you almost done getting ready?"

I hear Vincent yell and giggle to myself. I am taking my time, slowly getting dressed just to piss him off.

He said something about dinner, and I am guessing he meant some type of fancy dinner since he likes to show off his money. So, I purposely dressed down. Way down.

"What the hell are you wearing?" he barks angrily, just as I predicted.

"What do you mean?" I ask innocently as he eyes me up and down.

I decided to wear my cropped t-shirt with short shorts that were ripped at the bottom. I figured since he called me a teenager, I might as well dress like one.

Vincent's frustration is palpable as he stands there, staring at me with a mixture of annoyance and disbelief. I can't help but revel in the satisfaction of getting under his skin. It can become a little game between us – his attempt to control everything and my silent rebellion.

"You can't wear that," he grumbles, clearly irritated.

I flash him a mischievous grin. "Why not? I just thought I'd keep it casual, you know? No need to be all fancy and stuff."

Vincent's eyes narrow, and he lets out an exasperated sigh. "We're going to an upscale restaurant, not a beach party. People dress nicely there."

I feign innocence, batting my eyelashes at him. "Oh, I didn't know. I thought ripped shorts were the latest fashion statement."

He runs a hand through his hair, a clear sign of growing frustration. "You're impossible. We're going to be late."

"Where are you taking me anyway?" I ask, skipping down the stairs.

"To meet my sister," he says.

"You have a sister?" I exclaim. For some reason, I thought he was the only child.

"Half-sister. Now go back upstairs and change into a dress," he orders.

"No. I am wearing this. If you don't like it, then I will just stay here. You can have dinner with your sister by yourself," I say, standing my ground.

Vincent raises an eyebrow, clearly caught off guard by my defiance. "Are you serious?"

"Absolutely," I reply, crossing my arms. "I'm not changing just to fit into some fancy dinner mold. If your sister can't handle me like this, then maybe we shouldn't meet."

He sighs. "You are seriously pissing me off."

I smirk. "Maybe you shouldn't have married me."

Vincent shakes his head, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Fine, wear whatever you want. You will regret this later."

Ah, is the big boy threatening me now?

"Cool. Let's go then," I said and stomped past him. 

During the car ride, the tension is palpable. Vincent keeps stealing glances at me, maybe wondering what is wrong with me. And I sit here, defiant and unyielding, determined to make my point.

Vincent leads us to a table, and I see his sister is already waiting. She looks me up and down, a mixture of surprise and amusement on her face.

Wow, she is stunning, I think to myself. She has the same piercing blue eyes as Vincent, making her look more like his twin than a half-sister. She has long blonde hair. When she stood up to greet us, I noticed how thin she was. She looks like a supermodel.

"Oh my! You are Vincent's new wife? You are so cute!" she chirps. "I am Sophia Bellamy. Sorry I couldn't make it to the wedding. It happened really suddenly while I was in Paris!"