Chapter 56

Sarah

"I made a decision. From now on, my main mission is to make Vincent fall in love with me," I announce.

Sophia can't help but burst into laughter. "Seriously? This is your master plan?"

"Why are you laughing? You think I am joking, don't you? Well, I am not joking. He thinks he is so tough, so I am going to prove him wrong," I say determinedly.

"And how do you know he hasn't already fallen in love with you?" Sophia wiggles her eyebrows.

I blush. "I don't know. He is always denying it. Even when he does something sweet, he tries to cover it by treating me harshly."

Sophia shakes her head. "He is impossible. But how are you supposed to make him admit it? Cook more of his favorite meals?"

I roll my eyes at Sophia's suggestion. "Too simple. No, I need to come up with something more... strategic. Something that will catch him off guard."

Sophia nods in agreement. "You need to show him that you're not just some girl he can push around. You're strong, independent, and worthy of his love."

I grin, feeling a surge of determination. "Exactly. And I have a few ideas up my sleeve. It's time to put my plan into action."

Sophia narrows her eyes. "Don't do anything too crazy."

I give her a mock salute. "No promises. But don't worry, I've got this."

"Why are you doing this anyway? I thought you wanted him to leave you alone?" Sophia asks.

I sigh. "Well, he made it clear that he won't leave me alone. So, I am trying a different approach. I will make him fall in love with me, and then I will break up with him."

Sophia is looking at me with amusement. "Break up with him? Sarah, you are married to him. And he made it very clear that he won't divorce you."

My cheeks flush as I realize the flaw in my plan. "Right... I forgot about that part."

Sophia rolls her eyes. "Maybe you should focus on improving your relationship instead of trying to manipulate him into falling in love with you just to break his heart."

"No, that's boring," I say dismissively.

Sophia giggles. "You are something else, Sarah. And you know what I think?"

"What?" I ask curiously.

Sophia smiles and says, "I think Vincent isn't the only one in denial. You are also in denial, even more so. Both of you are clearly in love with each other, but you're both stubbornly trying to resist those feelings instead of embracing them."

I let out a theatrical gasp, throwing my hand to my forehead. "Love Vincent? As if! That's just absurd!"

Sophia lets out a bubbly giggle, clearly not buying my words. Doubt creeps in and I start to wonder if she's onto something. What if I'm already head over heels for Vincent?

Oh, the horror of it all!

"What are you two laughing about over there?"

Vincent's booming voice makes my heart jump. He had decided to stay home instead of going to work for some reason, so I quickly called Sophia to keep me company.

Because whenever I am alone with Vincent, bad things happen. Things that involve him throwing me in bed and attacking me like an insatiable beast.

At least with Sophia here, he will keep himself under control!

Sophia quickly composes herself, shooting me a mischievous glance before turning to face Vincent. "Oh, nothing much, just girl talk."

Vincent raises an eyebrow, clearly skeptical. "Girl talk, huh?"