Chapter 47

Sarah

I woke up the next day alone in bed. My body aching and naked in a tangled mess of sheets. Vincent kept his promise and fucked me all night, the bastard. Where does he get all this energy!?

I try to get up but groan and lie on my side again because I'm painfully sore. Ugh...maybe I should just stay in bed all day.

"Ms. Sarah, the breakfast is ready," Jennifer calls out from outside of my door.

"Could you bring it to my room, please?" I ask her.

"Sure, Miss. Just give me a moment," she says, and I hear her footsteps fade away.

Thank God for this sweet woman!

I sink my face into the pillow, my body is still tingling from last night. I can still smell him on the sheets and pillow. As I breathe in his essence, I feel a familiar heat building between my legs, yearning for more of him.

Sarah, you hopeless slut!

I scramble to find a nightshirt and cover myself before Jennifer returns with breakfast. I can't help but feel embarrassed, knowing that she probably heard everything going on in this room. The thought of her hearing my screams and moans makes me cringe with shame.

A light knock on my door snaps me out of my reminiscing. "Come in," I say.

Jennifer walks into the room with a warm smile on her face, her arms carefully balancing a tray overflowing with delicious food.

The scents of freshly cooked eggs and bacon fill the air, making my stomach grumble in anticipation. "I hope this is okay, Miss," she said kindly as she set the tray down on the table before me.

My mouth watered at the sight of steaming hot dishes and colorful fruits arranged neatly on the platter. It was clear that Jennifer had put time and care into preparing this meal, and I couldn't wait to dig in.

"It looks amazing!" I gush. "Did Vincent leave already?"

"Yes ma'am," Jennifer responds with a slight bob of her head. "Sir left in the early hours of the morning to catch his flight."

As she sets the tray down on the bedside table, I feel a mix of emotions wash over me - relief that Vincent is finally gone and loneliness at his absence. He had mentioned being gone for three days, leaving me to my own devices.

The room suddenly feels emptier without his grumpy presence.

"Are you alright, Miss?" Jennifer asks when I don't say anything.

"Yeah, sorry. Thank you, Jennifer," I say, trying to shake off my conflicting emotions. "You always make everything so perfect."

She smiles warmly. "It's my pleasure, Miss. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

I hesitate, then shake my head. "No, I'm fine. Just going to enjoy this breakfast."

After she leaves, I sit up in bed. As I sit there, staring at the tray of food, my mind drifts back to Vincent. He left so early. Did he leave without eating breakfast?

Wait, why should I care whether he ate or not? Pfft...

With a sigh, I push those thoughts aside and focus on my breakfast, savoring each bite as a distraction from the loneliness that threatens to creep in.

After I finish eating, I jump in the shower.

The warm water cascades over me, washing away the remnants of last night and easing the tension in my muscles. As I lather up, my mind wanders back to Vincent once again, his touch still lingering on my skin.

I swiftly finish my shower, savoring the warm water cascading over my skin before stepping out onto the cool tile floor.

With a soft sigh, I wrap myself in a plush white towel, the fluffiness providing a comforting embrace.

My phone on the nightstand begins to ring, breaking the peaceful stillness of the room. My heart races with the thought that it could be Vincent calling since that jerk left without saying goodbye.

But as I answer, I hear Sophia's bubbly voice on the other end, her infectious laughter filling the room.

"Hey, Sophia," I greet her, trying to sound upbeat despite my inner turmoil.

"Hey, girl! How's it going?" she chirps on the other end of the line.

I force a smile. "Oh, you know, same old. Just getting ready for the day."

"What's wrong, Sarah? Why do you sound so sad?" She asks.

"Huh? I don't know what you mean. I'm not sad!" I say, sounding way more defensive than I intended to.

"Sarah, come on. I can tell something's bothering you," Sophia insists gently. "You can talk to me, you know."

I hesitate, feeling a lump form in my throat.

"It's just... Vincent," I finally admit, my voice barely above a whisper. "He left this morning without saying goodbye, and it's like... I don't know. It's silly."

"He left? Where did he go?" Sophia asks.

"Some business conference. He'll be gone for three days," I say.

Sophia doesn't say anything for a moment and then I hear her giggling.

"What? What's so funny?" I squeal.

"Aww, Sarah. You miss him," she says in a teasing tone.

"What!? NO, I DON'T," I growl.

"It's okay to miss your hubby, Sarah. No need to be ashamed of that," Sarah giggles.

"Shut up, Sophia! I don't miss that asshole. Besides, he just left," I pout even though I know she can't see me.

"Honey, just admit it. The thought of not seeing him for three whole days is bothering you," Sophia says.

"Actually, you are kind of right. The thought of not being able to annoy him is kind of bothering me," I say, laughing.

"See? I knew it," she says.

Sophia's teasing brings a reluctant smile to my face despite my efforts to maintain a facade of indifference.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I admit, the tension in my shoulders easing slightly. "But don't get any ideas. I'm not pining over him or anything."

Sophia chuckles. "Of course not, Sarah. But you know...you can still annoy him from the distance."

I laugh at Sophia's suggestion. "You're terrible, you know that? But maybe you are onto something."

"What do you mean?" She asks curiously.

"I could have something delivered to his hotel room," I say mischievously, already cooking up some crazy ideas in my head.

Sophia laughs. "Oh, now that sounds like a plan! What are you thinking?"

I grin, feeling a surge of excitement at the prospect of getting back at Vincent. "Oh, I don't know yet. But I'll come up with something good. Maybe a surprise delivery."

"Count me in for brainstorming," Sophia says eagerly. "This is going to be fun."

I hang up the phone and start brainstorming ideas to surprise Vincent during his trip. Despite the ache of his absence, the thought of getting a little payback brings a smile to my face. He will get what's coming to him.

But what could I send him that will piss him off?