Father, why?

I wake up feeling cozy and refreshed, I realise that I'm still naked. Guess we had fun last night...anyways, I look at sweet Tom's face as he sleeps. We are just randomly naked laying in bed, that's great. I don't even know what time it is but I'm a late sleeper so it's probably late. I don't have my phone on me, I kind off forgot about my phone, what has it been like months?

I sit up in bed, pulling the duvet on my upper body. I see Tom shuffle about and suddenly flicker opens his eyes to meet mine. He looks so sleepy, I've never seen anything like it. His arms pull me down and he pulls me into a tight hug, making it not able to move. I cuddle him back for a little while.

As my my nails are stroking Tom's back, someone rushes through the door, it's Maria.

"OH MY GOD JUST WAKE U-u....p" Maria pauses and looks at our clothes on the floor, her eyes open as me and Tom slowly look over. Maria looks me dead in the eye, her jaw dropped.

"D-Did you," Maria stutters, covering her mouth with her hand as she tries not to laugh.

"Maria, get out." I smile seriously. Maria was gonna say something but she stops herself and left the room. Closing the door carefully.

"Well, I'm guessing we should get up now." Tom states, sleepily. "Yeah," I sigh. "Can you not look as I get changed,"

"It isn't the first time seeing your body, but yeah, I won't look," Tom grins and looks away. I get up and put on a new bra and a thong, I'm feeling new for a change. I stole it from Maria. It was some low rise dark flared jeans and a nice tight dark red crop top. The same colour as my thongs. "Okay you can look now," I say, as I put my hair down in the mirror. I catch Tom staring at me up and down in the mirror. I smile to myself. Tom's changed, but in a good way, he's matured and this is the Tom I want. Tom gets changed.

"When can I get my phone?" I my sorrowful blue eyes look up at him, Tom bits his full lip as he looks at the bedside drawer beside him. He sighs and opens it, he pulls out my phone, my actual phone and passes it to me, it feels like its been forever, but I know just the person to call. "Thank you," Tom winks at me and goes out the room and shuts the door behind him.

I unlock it, the lock screen is a picture of me and my mum, I play with my hair as I admire it slightly. My mum died when I was young, she was severely ill and there was no cure, I just miss her so much, I wonder how she still sees me now. I go to my camera roll. I see how happy I was, my smiles beaming through my phone screen, and videos of jokes and laughter. I smile along with the memories I had made. I looked like such a joyful little girl. I was in a 19 year old body, but still mentally trapped as a 12 year old.

I go to mine and dads text messages.

"Hey honey, I just wanted to say that I do miss you a lot. Unfortunately things have not been the best since you left, I haven't spoken to you in ages and I am worried about you like crazy. Am I getting old and boring? Anyways, the past couple weeks/days haven't been my best, I've been at my lowest, and I have been for quite a whille. Nothings here for me anymore. I'm sorry darling, you may or may not reply or see this but I just want to say that I love you with all my heart. Please do not worry about me, I love you to the moon and back darling. I will be watching over you as a proud father and grandfather. Please, stay strong out there and make the most out of your life. I love you, Camila."  

I burst out in tears, finding out that my father has died? What am I going to do! I've lost both parents. I can take care of myself legally now but I can't believe this, tears stream down my face over and over again. Im just gonna sit outside for a little bit, down at the steps of the house, giving myself some fresh air. Thinking about my father severely. Why would he do this? And the message was delivered not even that long ago, were talking about 2 weeks. I can't deal with this anymore. I take the phone and run downstairs. Everyone stops there conversations and looks at me as I run slowly past. Bawling my eyes out.

"I'm just going to sit out front," I sniff.

"Camila, are you okay?" Bill asks, I nod my head before I start crying again. I rush out the door and sit myself down, trying to breathe a little bit. I am honestly heartbroken, losing both parents. One from illness and one from suicide. I dig my head into my knees.

After about 5 minutes, someone comes outside. It's Maria, I'm glad. The only person I need right now. "Hey, it's okay." Maria sits down next to me and lays her arm around me.

"What happened?" I take my phone and stick out the message to her, she reads it and mutters out some of the words. She pauses and huffs sadly.

"Maria, I'm so sorry." I could her her voice cracking a little bit. She knew my dad a lot and she actually liked my father and he liked Maria too. They had a good bond. Maria lays her head on the side of my arm. I don't get why my dad could of done this, he was a happy man but on the inside he was lost and full of sad emotions. He never showed it. What am I going to do?
***
I don't know if this is like a sad twist because they kinda just had sex and now her dad dies, oh well. Anyways, here is the next chapter and just to tell you, this story is going to have a, happy ending. Im not sure how it's going to make people feel I just don't really want endings to be tragic. Bye and a *late* happy new year!