001. She Died

❝I am really fine,❞
she replied several times,
the next day—she died.

🌙

ARE WE BEING too considerate of the feelings of other people? Or maybe we have no courage to express ourselves at all?

These questions follow me like a ghost whenever people ask me, ❝Why can't you just tell me how you feel?❞ Honestly, being an introvert is hard, especially in expressing myself through words, and that is why I most likely lie about what I truly feel inside. Who cares, anyway? Someone dear to me once said, ❝Being sad and lonely sometimes is okay; you are not a robot, to begin with. But do you know what is more okay than being melancholic?❞

I smiled, and the rest was history. After all these years, I have learned that being sad after my friends left me out of the group is a normal feeling that every teenager will feel about the situation. It is not a crime to be angry at someone when they wronged me in any possible way, especially when betrayed by loved ones. Lastly, it is okay to be disappointed in myself when my plan doesn't go as planned. Life happened. I woke up one morning, finally realizing that my emotions are valid, and these emotions are living proof that I am a human, to begin with, and who knows how to feel sad when I get hurt.

From now on, I won't battle these emotions anymore and wait for the unexpected time to explode. I may not have someone to talk to, especially someone who will listen to all my sentiments in life, but I found Him amid the chaos, my God.

❝What is your reason for doing this?❞ In case someone will ask this question later on.

Let me ask these questions, ❝Have you ever seen the news on television? Have you read sensitive threads on social media? Have you heard the gossip within your neighborhood?❞ If not, then this book will serve as an awareness and an eye opener about what is going on right now with my generation, who ended their lives due to various reasons: family problems, sudden break up with their lover, bullying or cyberbullying issues, school related scandals, and even loneliness at times.

Indeed, I am living in a sad generation with happy faces. Hence, it is advisable to ask myself sometimes ❝Am I still okay?❞ If not, I always find time to rest and heal myself from everything. Go to the beach, tick the items on my bucket list, and shout all my worries on the top of the mountains.

Have fun as much as we can. We only live once, after all.

Tweet your thoughts and use #Melancholia on Instagram, Facebook, or X