002. To Live

Between living and
surviving; I want to live,
not just to survive.

🌙

ARE WE LIVING our childhood dreams at the moment? The promises we made while we were still so young and innocent.

If not, ❝How is life going so far?❞.

I can feel the pressure, and it all started the moment I reached my early twenties and graduated college, no matter if with flying colors or not. The pressure is present and driven by a lot of things. What was my dream car again? Something made for a mountain drive, and I will acquire it at the age of twenty-two. But what I can buy at the moment is a remote-controlled toy car. Funny, am I right? Honestly, it's not as amusing as living with my parents instead of owning a house, an apartment, or a condo unit. Damn, I am even hardly getting a promotion at work, and it is not even my dream job. Call me a loser, but that's just life, and I have no control over it. Lastly, my introverted self only stays at home every weekend, hoping Monday will never come.

See? These are just some of the issues we are all facing right now because of what the society wants us to become.

However, even if I am not living my best life right now, at least I can pay the bills, eat my comfort food, spoil my inner child, and travel places when I have enough savings. It might be simple, but this is reality; I do not get to decide whether to be born a disney princess or a commoner. Who cares, anyway? As long as I believe in my dreams, all of them will come true. Good things take time. Once my dream comes true, it will be worth the wait. Or maybe God has bigger plans for the future. All I have to do is to be patient and trust the process.

Never rush the cycle of life.

Every journey is not as easy as it seems, and even if we are barely surviving right now, please remember that the seeds we planted will grow into a tree of happiness and success. From that day onwards, we will live our life to the fullest. Win every battle in life in order to live, not just to survive every day with the same tiresome routine; home to work and work to home — what a depressive life, right?

Step up our game, shall we?

Tweet your thoughts and use #Melancholia on Instagram, Facebook, or X