013. The Betrayal

❝How can I trust you?❞
I whispered and my shadow
slowly disappeared.

🌙

TO TRUST SOMEONE is like a game of chances, and either I will win or lose — the bet will always be up to me.

As much as I hate taking risks, I have no choice at the end of the day. I have to take the risk in order to determine the outcome. Maybe I will win some, or lose more, or be betrayed in the middle of playing. Who knows what will happen when luck is not always within me?

❝Trust me,❞ they always said. But how can I trust someone when I hardly even trust my own shadow?

I always asked back with my notable line, ❝Why should I trust you?❞

However, they all have the same answers, and the same thing goes with the outcome of trusting them — betrayal. How can I trust people if they talk behind my back? How can I trust people if they can't protect my name in my absence? How can I trust people if they always spread rumors about me? How can I trust people if they are always jealous of what I have achieved in this lifetime? Jealousy is one of the driving forces as to why people betray someone they love.

Now, how can I even trust someone when I don't even trust myself?

Trust is such a powerful word, to begin with. Once broken, nothing can ever fix it, not even a single sorry. Trust me, sorry means nothing when actions contradict the repeated words, ❝I am sorry.❞ I have learned my life lesson, and there is no way I am compromising my peace for people who are inconsiderate of my feelings. 

Tweet your thoughts and use #Melancholia on Instagram, Facebook, or X