026. Heart = Mind

I followed my heart,
but I took my brain with me
to avoid heartbreak.

🌙

DOES ANYONE KNOW what is harder than choosing clothes every morning? It will probably be choosing between the heart and mind.

I am proud to say that I already passed through that stage in life as I have learned my greatest lesson in life over the years. Today, I usually ask individuals who are still in their confused state, ❝Why not choose both?❞ In fact, it is a win-win situation; I follow my heart while taking my brain with me in order to avoid making decisions I might regret in the future.

It's challenging, I know, but once my heart and mind equally lead together, the future will be worth the wait.

However, the decision will be up to the person deciding for their future at the end of the day. As for me, I have no right to dictate a person to follow this and that because their situation might differ from mine. If a person is emotionally driven, they will most likely choose to follow what their heart desires. On the other hand, if a person is logically driven, the mind will always win the bet at the end of the day.

Again, the decision will always be up to the person deciding—definitely not me.

Tweet your thoughts and use #Melancholia on Instagram, Facebook, or X.