004. Goes On

Growing up is hard,
but we do not have a choice
because life goes on.

🌙

I WAS ONLY five when I started to learn about life within the school premises, twelve when I graduated grade school, eighteen when I began to chase my dreams, and twenty-two when real life dawned on me.

Adulting is not as fun as it seems, and if only I have a choice to return it, then I probably have done it a long time ago. I am so young, yet the world is already breaking me apart. What have I done in the past to deserve all this cruelty in life? Sometimes, I sit alone in my room, and all I can do is cry and cry until I no longer feel the pain in my chest.

Life is very draining, to be honest, to the point that I always feel the need to pause for a while and rethink my previous decisions in life. Later on, I began asking life, ❝Is this karma?❞

Maybe a successful life is not for me, to begin with — a happy life, perhaps.

Growing up is part of our journey, and the same thing goes for every problem that comes our way. We don't have to dodge them; embrace them even from afar instead, and these problems will be the main reason we will grow stronger and wiser. It will mold us to be the best version of ourselves, who will be happy and contented on the path we choose to take in this lifetime.

We do not have a choice but to grow up, but we have a choice to choose which way to go from this day onwards. Never imprison ourselves with a poor mindset that as we grow older, we will suffer more than we can imagine. Just sit down, relax, and rethink every decision in order to win against life itself.

Bear in mind that this is my journey, not Dora's. If I have to be the sunflower among the tulips in the garden to shine, then I will have to become the sunflower.

 If I have to be the sunflower among the tulips in the garden to shine, then I will have to become the sunflower

Tweet your thoughts and use #Melancholia on Instagram, Facebook, or X.