021. White Flag

Why are you crying?
Is life that hard that you are
about to give up.

🌙

THE BATTLE WILL be over once the weaker ones finally raise their white flag in surrender, and I am about to raise mine.

I tried to smile to hide the pain, but I could still see sadness while looking straight into someone else's eyes. Why am I so pathetic? Why does it feel like I am the only one who is suffering like this in this lifetime? Why is life so unfair to me? My dear God, why does it hurt so much? The pain is unbearable, and I am about to give up. I am not joking because I am about to raise my white flag.

However, people always cheer on me, ❝Keep on fighting!❞

Are they blind, or what? I am not even a warrior, to begin with. In this lifetime, I am consistently in an endless battle, and I always wonder how to end this in order to put an end to my suffering.

When will this be over? Because I am tired and no longer know how to fight in order to win. All I want to do right now is to stop and raise my white flag. I surrender because no matter how hard I try, I always lose the fight, anyway.

This war is not for the weak ones, just like me. But I still have to fight, am I right?

Tweet your thoughts and use #Melancholia on Instagram, Facebook, or X